Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I drive a 2010 Colorado EXT cab with the 2.9L engine. I always wear a seatbelt so I don't really need the chime, and as of a couple days ago, the sensor must be broken or something because it chimes even when my belt is on. Is there a simple way to disconnect the sensor for the chime or something? I know the chimes all run through the radio and I have an aftermarket radio I put in with the harness and everything to maintain the chimes because I appreciate the door ones. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
There isn't any easy way to deactivate the chimes. The light/chime is turned off by a switch in the buckle assembly. Make sure that something hasn't fallen in the opening of the buckle and preventing the switch from functioning. The buckle is an excellent coin slot.

Short of replacing the buckle assembly, the only way to bypass the buckle switch would be to locate and disconnect the buckle connector and jump the two pins in the seat harness. The buckle switch is normally open, so you would have to fool the system into thinking the switch had closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.