Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had the same problem on my Colorado. Took it in to the dealership and they replaced the window regulator. It took them a few days to get the part, and about two hours to swap the parts. Everything works fine now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Mine has the same intermittent problem. I haven't been able to video it, because I don't know when it is going to happen. I previously told the service department about it, but got the infamous "could not replicate issue". Maybe I can reference this next time I'm in.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mine has recently started doing this at random as well. Winter temps around here right now don't have me using the window all that much in general so it's hard to say how frequently it might actually happen.

·
Registered
399 Posts
mine has started to do it again, even after there "software update" for the regulator. I'll be going back, and apparently its becoming more prevalent, not an isolated issue for one or two trucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is the exact behavior I have with my 2016... dealer said they could not reproduce... nothing they could do.. ( BS ) Truck is still under warranty... going to a different dealer this week.
It's not a problem with the Express up/down I believe but the safety drop feature like it thinks someones arm or neck or other obstruction is there and it auto reverses, kind of like newer garage door openers..

·
Registered
2015 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 V6 4x4
5 Posts
My 2015 (no longer under warranty) recently started doing this intermittently. I took it into the dealership and they replaced the regulator, but (as my service rep explained to me) it wouldn't program so they determined that the BCM was shorting out and replaced it, but the new regulator still wouldn't program, so they called in the GM "Tac Team" of mechanics at no charge who diagnosed and replaced some of the other interconnecting parts (at no charge) but still couldn't get the new regulator to program, which led to the determination that it is faulty and ordered a new one. As a result, my truck has now been at the dealership for a week and they will need to keep it over the weekend (total nightmare). After mentioning a possible recall of the regulator, my service advisor said he is going to try to help me on that forefront, but he won't know for sure until next week. Any word of a recall on your ends? This clearly isn't isolated...

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is the exact behavior I have with my 2016... dealer said they could not reproduce... nothing they could do.. ( BS ) Truck is still under warranty... going to a different dealer this week.
It's not a problem with the Express up/down I believe but the safety drop feature like it thinks someones arm or neck or other obstruction is there and it auto reverses, kind of like newer garage door openers..

·
Registered
5 Posts
mine has started to do it again, even after there "software update" for the regulator. I'll be going back, and apparently its becoming more prevalent, not an isolated issue for one or two trucks.
What did they do when you went back? Replace the regulator? How did it go?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine has recently started doing this at random as well. Winter temps around here right now don't have me using the window all that much in general so it's hard to say how frequently it might actually happen.
Did you get it repaired? If yes, What did they do and how did it go?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts