Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Every time I hit a bump or go through some rocky road or whatever, my driver seat kind of slides. I mean slides like a quarter of an inch forward, if that, but enough for me to complain.

Anyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All Terrain
2,023 Posts
I dont have this issue, but its a common problem with electrical seats these days. Take it into the dealer they can do some adjustment, or entirely replace the seat.

1/4" of an inch seems like its not within tolerance, and should be replaced as a safety issue.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Reactions: maxbee25

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine does this too, especially noticeable when I hop in and with harder stops. If stopped I can grab the seat back and slide the whole seat forward and back with me in it like an eighth to quarter of an inch.
The electric actuator mechanism that slides the seat is just going to be a lead screw with sliding nut so some backlash is expected. Whether this much is OK I'm not sure but at least I'm not crazy if someone else is experiencing it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.