Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado. Without having anything done to it, my automatic doors don't stay unlocked. I can unlock them both with the fob or key but within a second it locks again. I have ti time it in order to open the door. It's probably the Body Module but was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I've read about all the locking and unlocking issues but not this one. Any clue??

·
Registered
10,476 Posts
I have a 2016 Chevy Colorado. Without having anything done to it, my automatic doors don't stay unlocked. I can unlock them both with the fob or key but within a second it locks again. I have ti time it in order to open the door. It's probably the Body Module but was just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. I've read about all the locking and unlocking issues but not this one. Any clue??
Have you checked the settings? You might get lucky and change them and it will be normal again.
Also I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
Does the drivers door lock switch seem to work correctly? Maybe try disconnecting it and see what happens, it could be stuck on lock is my thinking. It will just pull out of the panel and then you can unplug it. Same for the other door's switches.
Let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a lock problem with just the passenger front door. Wouldn't lock with remote or door panel button but would unlock if manually locked. Took three trips to the dealer to get it fixed. Two weeks later when I was installing Boost mirrors I found they had damaged the door panel. Replacement parts cost $150 which they paid for (installed them myself).

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had a lock problem with just the passenger front door. Wouldn't lock with remote or door panel button but would unlock if manually locked. Took three trips to the dealer to get it fixed. Two weeks later when I was installing Boost mirrors I found they had damaged the door panel. Replacement parts cost $150 which they paid for (installed them myself).
Forget to mention - 2021 Z71 4-dr

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you checked the settings? You might get lucky and change them and it will be normal again.
Also I would try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.
Does the drivers door lock switch seem to work correctly? Maybe try disconnecting it and see what happens, it could be stuck on lock is my thinking. It will just pull out of the panel and then you can unplug it. Same for the other door's switches.
Let us know how it goes.
I have not checked any settings. What settings?? I tried unplugging the battery but no good. Sounds like a dealer trip!!

·
Registered
10,476 Posts
I have not checked any settings. What settings?? I tried unplugging the battery but no good. Sounds like a dealer trip!!
Oh, just the ones in the info screen. A longshot I'm sure. Let us know what happens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts