Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya, I did something stupid. I was putting in a after market back up camera in my 05 Colyly, ran the wiring to the firewall, popped off a large grommet and proceeded to drill. So, you know what was on the other side right? Yup, the main wire harness. Luckily only 2 wires got cut, but 4 others were wounded. I patched everyone up and went to start my "Lil Mule" up, unah, nothing. The only thing working was the alarm, check engine light, horn and the utility outlet. I checked the fuse box, 6 out of 70 fuses lit up, the others have no power to them. Can anyone give me a clue what the hell did I do ?!

·
Registered
2017 AT4 2.8L CCLB Dark Slate Metallic
1,954 Posts
When the drill bit struck the wires it probably shorted those circuits to ground (the body you were drilling through). Try checking/replacing your fuses. If that doesn't work, then you probably need to splice new wire segments onto the damaged wires, rather than "patching" or taping over them.

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Ya, I did something stupid. I was putting in a after market back up camera in my 05 Colyly, ran the wiring to the firewall, popped off a large grommet and proceeded to drill. So, you know what was on the other side right? Yup, the main wire harness. Luckily only 2 wires got cut, but 4 others were wounded. I patched everyone up and went to start my "Lil Mule" up, unah, nothing. The only thing working was the alarm, check engine light, horn and the utility outlet. I checked the fuse box, 6 out of 70 fuses lit up, the others have no power to them. Can anyone give me a clue what the hell did I do ?!
check both fuse boxes? Probably blew a higher amp one under the hood.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts