Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Does anybody have photos of how much clearance there is in between the edge of the hood and the brackets? Every picture I’m seeing is from the front and the brackets look to close for my liking. Not sure if it’s just the photo angle. I ordered them from Amazon. These are the ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I don't think you understand the how a ditch bracket works... It's supposed to be compact and tuck against the hood. They don't move, so even if it's tighter, clearance is not an issue. If clearance is an issue, that's what you get for the price you paid. Lots of established vendors out there that make high quality, well engineered brackets with no issues.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think you understand the how a ditch bracket works... It's supposed to be compact and tuck against the hood. They don't move, so even if it's tighter, clearance is not an issue. If clearance is an issue, that's what you get for the price you paid. Lots of established vendors out there that make high quality, well engineered brackets with no issues.
The brackets are sturdy. I know they have to be compact. My question was with any of them over time, or from movement, are they damaging paint on people’s hoods?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The brackets are sturdy. I know they have to be compact. My question was with any of them over time, or from movement, are they damaging paint on people’s hoods?

That's contradictory.... The brackets dont move, so nothing should be rubbing or damaging anything. I looked at the design of those brackets, and they seem fine. Not much overall length, so its not going to have much leverage effect for flexing. Reviews seem good too. I wouldn't worry about it, unless they show up and are <1/8" thick.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
491 Posts
If you're concerned about them, return them and get the CBI brackets. I had some no-name brand brackets and they stuck out too far and hit my snorkel when I popped the hood. The CBI ones are much better made and keep the lights inboard enough there are no issues.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys I wasn’t really asking about mine in particular. I was asking with all of them in general. Hitting potholes and bumps doesnt cause any contact with these style brackets right? I just tear fitted mine and there’s plenty of clearance to the hood, I was just curious about movement over time.

I guess it’s not a big concern. Thanks tho guys.

·
Registered
2020 Colorado Z71 Trail Runner
491 Posts
Guys I wasn’t really asking about mine in particular. I was asking with all of them in general. Hitting potholes and bumps doesnt cause any contact with these style brackets right? I just tear fitted mine and there’s plenty of clearance to the hood, I was just curious about movement over time.

I guess it’s not a big concern. Thanks tho guys.

Mine haven't been on that long, but I have gone off road twice with no movement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts