Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear for all year 2000 and up GMs that we need to buy a different wire harness or whatever for a aftermarket deck to work? the harness is expensive too i beleive. just double checking to see wut u guys say or if theres anything to bypass from replacing the harness? thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
not all 2000 and up. Though the Colorado's need one, it's between $70-$100

·
Registered
257 Posts
You don't need to but those, the regular chevy harness works fine you just need to find an alterative 12v switch wire, you can usually find it under the steering wheel

·
Registered
183 Posts
coreyd said:
You don't need to but those, the regular chevy harness works fine you just need to find an alterative 12v switch wire, you can usually find it under the steering wheel
this is true, but you also lose all waring chimes with out the expensive adaptor

·
Registered
257 Posts
And the point to keep all the useless chimes, I look at it this way if you rely on your truck, car to talk to you, take a bus, ride a bike, or just walk.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have 2008 and it came with onstar, but i really wont have any use for onstar once the 3 months free is up because i dont want to pay monthly for it. how much would you charge to ship it to Ontario, Canada? and where else can i find the chime adapter with harness. the ones down here are 149plus tax :S

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
One thing I dont like about the PAC's are the illumination wire... unless you have the new version that has one, the original ones, dont... and most head units like the illumination wire.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont know much about this wireharness stuff, so will this PAC harness thing work on my 08 allowing all my power stuff and onstar ect ect to still function properly.? because the places down here are selling them for 165 canadian. so i dont know if its a different one i need.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't think anything changed for '08. The PAC adapter should keep all of the other equipment fully functional without the need to splice or run any additional power wires.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you still have to splice all the wires witht he pac though right, it doesnt just plug in and your good? just going by your picture on ebay looks like alot of wires there lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
those are the wires you splice into your aftermarket radio harness. You won't be splicing into any factory wiring which is the whole idea.

·
Registered
64 Posts
wwrgsww said:
If you dont have onstar, I can get you a chime adapter with harness for $40

i bought the cheap one and it didnt match my 2005 so i had to splice the wires and put in a toggle switch because could not run through ignition...no problems with it

·
Registered
3 Posts
hearmeb4ucme07 said:
wwrgsww said:
If you dont have onstar, I can get you a chime adapter with harness for $40

i bought the cheap one and it didnt match my 2005 so i had to splice the wires and put in a toggle switch because could not run through ignition...no problems with it
How? I have a 2005 2wd and want a new head unit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts