Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Well - you can get numbers like this as well:

This was obtained while I was stock. I probably could have shown better when tuned.
I stand by my long term calculations and only present this to show how misleading short term (and vehicle readout) stats can be.
I am reasonably certain the on board calculations are optimistic and I have seen some evidence that they may be more optimistic when tuned.
Actual calculations are best. Still - diesel foams when filling and fill efficiency varies. You may need a couple thousand miles worth of fills to really understand what you are getting. Long story short is that single fill best case calculations mean nothing and DIC readings are somewhat worse.

Just buy the gas rig and enjoy it. If you need to ask - you want gas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought my diesel zr2 at the end of last June. It had 50ish miles on it when I got it and am at over 34k now. I drive roughly 125 miles a day for work. 95+% highway doing 70-80. It’s got a leveling kit, cbi’s front bumper, and 10 ply tires. I typically see 19-20 mpg now. Was a bit higher until it threw a PO191 code that lasted a couple days around New Years. Then it was seeing 20-21. Dealer said not to worry unless the code comes back. I’m happy with it so far, am not at your elevation, but do go over a couple (passes) around 1000-1500 feet on my commute.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update

#1 I appreciate the opinions and input.

Went to my nearest dealer and looked at trucks, the Colorado will work for me it appears. enough room, etc.

Lots of deals now, the delaers are hurtiing. Sadly no 0% money or incentives on the Colorado's. Checking delaer stock around the State few have colors I'd want and most are either strippers or TOO many needless options.

So I may just order a 2021 and get exactly what I want.Ran into this when I bought the 2017 Camaro SS. Lots of cars , but FEW with the options I wanted. I ordered one, got exactly what I wanted and was happy with it.

So tired of nothing but ; black, white or some shade of grey. I want Crush or maybe the bright blue.

·
Registered
2020 GMC Canyon Denali 2.8L Duramax Turbo-Diesel
10 Posts
If you can't find the Colorado at 0%, you might check your GMC dealers for a Canyon at 0%. They were offering it when I bought my 2020 Denali recently if you wanted to finance it. I think it's still 0% for 84 months on GMC's site.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I couldn't find a LB in 2017 when I bought mine, and there doesn't appear to be a CCLB diesel in Alaska at all right now. That might be the only way I'd trade mine in so early - I'd love to get a CCLB, add the Titan 34-gallon tank and have a realistic 1000 mile range.

I can offer a comparison - I have a 17 Diesel CCSB Canyon, wife has a 20 V6 CCSB Colo (in Orange Crush - it should be called "Jesus That's Orange"). Did a 150 mile RT in hers, a couple weeks ago, all 2-lane, CC set on 55-65 and saw 24mpg average. Just did a 200+ mile RT in mine yesterday, 80 miles of freeway, a couple miles through Anchorage and the rest 2-lane. Same speeds - CC on 55-65 - and averaged 34mpg in mine. The diesel seems to just love sitting at about 58 mph, tach at 1500 rpm, ignoring wind, small hills, etc. and getting about 40mpg. The V6 is almost identical, except any breeze, tiny hill etc. causes it to immediately downshift to try to maintain speed, which isn't good for economy.

Don't get fooled into thinking "right now diesel is 20c more per gallon" - think long-term. Right now, diesel for me is 15-30c/gal cheaper than regular. Long-term, though, it's 10-20c more. But, my mileage is averaging 30% better than the gas truck, so anything under about 70c/gal more is still more economical for me. Of course, right now I'm putting most of my miles on the bike - paying extra for regular, but getting 50mpg.

If you're going to do any sort of towing/carrying, or drive a bunch of miles, the diesel is great. If you're going to spend a ton of your time empty, doing short trips, running around town etc. then stick to the V6.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts