Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I have an 18 Denali diesel and my wife and I have noticed quite a bit of rattling over large bumps, I finally took the time to climb underneath the truck and I found the exhaust heat shield was mounted in a manner where it rattled a lot if it was thumped. I'm sorry I don't have any photos of my repair but it was very simple. I had some metal tape, I pushed down all the edges and I taped it to the bottom of the truck bed. There's still a slight amount of rattle as there was places where I could not get rid of it entirely, but I'm driving the truck this morning and it's about 70% better. As in like 70% less loose rattle sounds when I hit a large bump coming from the rear.
Take care.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shield was located between the truck bed and the exhaust system. The spare shield one didn't rattle much but also I didn't see a good way to tape it down short of taping it directly to the spare.

I said it reduced rattles about 70% in my first post, but I'm going to revise that to a reduction of about 95%. It's a huge improvement and was a very effective use of 20 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.