Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extended Cab, 2wd, 4 Cylinder, 5 spd Colorado or Canyon?!?

Cause if they did I can't find one for sale!!!!!

My daily driver ('06 Crewcab Canyon) is currently in the shop getting a whole lot of FUN work done! :D and I love my truck so much that I am looking for a baby brother for her to come home to when she's all pretty and slammed to the ground.

I realize what I am looking for may be hard to find, so I am willing to trade extended cab for power windows on a regular cab which also seems like a pain to find...

Any hope at all?!?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Why not just get a 5 banger? mileage is not all that much different. and performance is much better with that extra cylinder. Just do a good tune and you'll be getting 24 highway.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alex Zaganas said:
Downtime where about Bel Air do you live? My Brother, Dad, and little sister live in Abingdon. Small World.
Hey man, I live right off of Tollgate Rd. before Harford Mall. How old are your siblings? Maybe I went to school with one of them or something...

Curt said:
Why not just get a 5 banger? mileage is not all that much different. and performance is much better with that extra cylinder. Just do a good tune and you'll be getting 24 highway.
I don't want the inline 5 because of insurance reasons. I'm already paying enough for my 4 cyl. CrewCab. I asked about the 5 cylinder and that would be another $150 on my insurance where as the 4 only adds $80 a month...

·
Registered
412 Posts
I don't want the inline 5 because of insurance reasons. I'm already paying enough for my 4 cyl. CrewCab. I asked about the 5 cylinder and that would be another $150 on my insurance where as the 4 only adds $80 a month...
You can always perform a motor swap. No one will ever know.. all VIN based.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also have one, a 2006 Colorado. It took a while to find it and I could only get the LS model and not the LT, so I had to sacrifice power windows and locks, but I did get the rear sliding window and the G80 locking rear diff. I think 5-speeds are great and I won't own anything else. Keep looking!

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
I know where you live. :lol: I've been there plenty of times. Welcome to the party man!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mike xlb said:
You can always perform a motor swap. No one will ever know.. all VIN based.
Which would require me buying an I-5 motor and another truck to put it in (I'm not sure you understand that I'm not made of money, hence the 4 cyl. in the first place.)... However If I ever were to swap I wouldn't waste time with a 5, it would be 8 or nothing.

rangerbob said:
I know where you live. :lol: I've been there plenty of times. Welcome to the party man!
I really hope you mean Bel Air and not like my actual house, cause that would just be creepy Bob

1 - 9 of 9 Posts