Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see all this talk about how good the 2007 Tour was, did it ever happen in 2008????

Is there a 2009 planned???

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
The first tour in 2007 was awesome. We had planned on a September / October tour in 2008, but Shreveport plant management had foreseen a serious downturn in local economics, and decided to postpone the tour until another date. We will be happy to make a run for another tour as soon as GM gets their heads out of some stinky cracks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sab. Its funny I lived in that Marshall/Shreveport area on and off all my life and never made one trip to the plant.

I have been reading all the threads and I have to take my hat off to you. You really did put in some time on the planning of these tours..

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Thanks ben_terry. It was nothing but teamwork, and it was succesful because everyone really wanted to show the folks in Shreveport that we really loved our trucks. Maybe someday we can look forward to another visit, although I am not too positive that the plant will be "fully operational" after June 1st, 2009. :(

·
Registered
621 Posts
How would we find out if what plants are still running?

·
Registered
621 Posts
The man is two for two!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
So far, so good. I talked with the GM PR folks and they simply said the tour needed to be postponed until things get better!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just saw on the news here in Baton Rouge the Sherveport plant is to close down by 2012.

·
Registered
560 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts