Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jumped in my Canyon this morning to head for work and found an odd display. I normally leave it on the Fuel Economy Last 50 Miles display but this morning I found it on the Trip A screen. BUT, it showed only the number of miles, not the MPG average that's normally there. I started paging down through the pages and there were a ton of different screens I'd never seen before. When I got to work I took pictures of every page and found there were 50 different ones. Some were totally irrelevant while some could be useful but had no data. I shut the truck off, then started it back up and still had all these displays. After work I started it up and everything was back to normal. It's interesting that all these are in there, some I wish we had access to. I'm going to post the pics I took, may require multiple posts since there are so many.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I also took pics of the Info page options. Obviously screwed up, the first entry appears to be in Arabic or something. I only counted 38 options as opposed to the 50 individual screens.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
There's alot of info pages there that I do not have access to, even when i got to tghe settings page to add/remove, interesting

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I once had some pop up on me like some of the ones you posted, but it was like only 2 or 3 others not the MASSIVE number of different ones you got... I restarted the truck they were gone... Thought I was hallucinating.. then again my DIC has done other weird a** ****, so I dont know.... but holy damn good thing you had a camera to catch that...

·
Registered
968 Posts
Ha. I read an interview from last-year-ish with the Talking Head who runs GM's infotainment group. He was crowing about how difficult their work is because the system in each of GM's platforms is custom-tailored. So why are we seeing screens for Vette and CTS-V style G-force and lap timers alongside DEF and hybrid screens?

Tailored, riiiight. "Hey Bob, did you copy the Twins header file to the build server, yet?" :roll:

I do find "Traffic sign memory" interesting, though. Sounds like diagnostics for a self-driving option...

·
Registered
599 Posts
Sounds like you've gotten into diagnostics screens somehow. In the year and half owning my truck, I once had everything inside completely shut off and restart while driving...thankfully the engine was not affected as I was getting onto the highway at the time.

·
Registered
721 Posts
What I'd be really interested in is, can you do it again? I'd love to have the off road stuff display on my ZR1.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I once had some pop up on me like some of the ones you posted, but it was like only 2 or 3 others not the MASSIVE number of different ones you got... I restarted the truck they were gone... Thought I was hallucinating.. then again my DIC has done other weird a** ****, so I dont know.... but holy damn good thing you had a camera to catch that...
Yeah, I knew I wanted to document it or I figured no one would believe me.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
What I'd be really interested in is, can you do it again? I'd love to have the off road stuff display on my ZR1.
I didn't actually do anything to make it do this. Just started it up like normal and found that first odd display. I have no clue what caused it, nor what corrected it later in the day.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Im amazed with that glitch, it did not crash the computer. Some of the settings were blurred between others, and you were able to select thru them all, no less. I find that amazing in its own right. Dealing with computers for so long I'm used to weird **** like that happening, then followed by the inevitable crash afterwards.. the fact it didn't... huh.... WEIRD....
Every time some weird thing happens with my DIC or the radio, I NEVER can get a camera up on it in time before it mysteriously vanishes....

·
Registered
968 Posts
Not that I could tell. I found it quite interesting that there actually is a display there that could potentially show us the 4WD status but GM chooses to not give it to us.
More accurately, they aren't spending the money on the sensors to feed those displays. That's what they mean when they refer to "platform engineering." In a very general sense, there just one big lump of off-the-shelf hardware, and Platform A gets this batch of sensors installed, while Platform B does not. In reality it never works out that way but in theory that's what they're trying to achieve.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Im amazed with that glitch, it did not crash the computer. Some of the settings were blurred between others, and you were able to select thru them all, no less. I find that amazing in its own right. Dealing with computers for so long I'm used to weird **** like that happening, then followed by the inevitable crash afterwards.. the fact it didn't... huh.... WEIRD....
Every time some weird thing happens with my DIC or the radio, I NEVER can get a camera up on it in time before it mysteriously vanishes....
Yeah, I was holding my breath all the way to work just waiting for something to go wrong.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.