Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • Truck seat covers are up to 76% off right now on eBay. Click here for Black! Tan! Multi-coloured! even Camo!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2019 CCLB SLT Canyon 2.8L Diesel

On the DIC fuel economy screen that shows the instant economy, the current average (I have 80KM selected most of the time but it holds true for the other selections as well) will not update to higher than 15l/100, just continues to show that number until the average drops below it. Below 15l/100, that average calculates and displays correctly. On the trip screen, the tank average always shows the full number regardless of what the average is.

I first noticed this shortly after buying the truck and doing some towing - the diesel economy is so good I generally don't get to that point.

Not exactly an earth shattering problem, but it does seem an odd programming choice.

Has anybody else noticed this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2019 CCLB SLT Canyon 2.8L Diesel On the DIC fuel economy screen that shows the instant economy, the current average (I have 80KM selected most of the time but it holds true for the other selections as well) will not update to higher than 15l/100, just continues to show that number until the average drops below it. Below 15l/100, that average calculates and displays correctly. On the trip screen, the tank average always shows the full number regardless of what the average is. I first noticed this shortly after buying the truck and doing some towing - the diesel economy is so good I generally don't get to that point. Not exactly an earth shattering problem, but it does seem an odd programming choice. Has anybody else noticed this?
I have the same issue with my 2022 canyon Denali. Can't find any solution. did you figure it out?

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Font Ticket Rectangle Circle Electric blue
Here are the fuel economy numbers on the window sticker of a pickup box delete Canyon truck I once spotted. Obviously the true figures would be unknown until the truck was fully equipped. The 15 liter numbers might be a max threshold that GM uses for our trucks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts