Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else experiencing bugs with the
their 2017? I'm just over 3k miles now and in the past couple of weeks I've had 2 issues with the DIC. First after I held down the talk button for a couple of seconds to give a voice command to my cell phone, the DIC got stuck on "Listen for device response". That fixed itself the next time I started the truck. A couple weeks later I started the truck and
the Info series of screens on the DIC went blank, the part where you can see your speed, temperature, mileage, etc.. The Info heading was there, but nothing else. The other menus worked fine, and when I scrolled to the menu to select which Info pages to show, the menu was blank, no pages to choose from. This one did not clear after restarting the truck. I connected the truck to my phone wifi to check for software updates (I have the latest software already apparently) and at some point it fixed itself.

Is anyone else seeing these types of bugs?

·
Registered
9,051 Posts
I need schooling on this thing. I did not know there were other "Menus" on the DIC besides the speed/temp/mileage ones. ANd no idea how to check for softawre updates from my phone via wifi or any other way...

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the DIC, press the left arrow on the steering wheel and you'll get a menu on the left, you can scroll through that to choose to see different things on the DIC. One of the options is a menu, dont' remember the name.., where you can select which screens are on the rotation when you scroll up and down under the "Info" heading. Anyway, arrow-left to get the menu, select an option, then arrow-right to get more details on that option.

For software updates; I fogot the names of the icons to click, but on the touch screen essentially you're looking for truck settings and if you enable wifi hotspot on your cell phone, you can set the truck to connect to your phone hotspot. Then on the truck touch screen you can view the info about the truck, and there's an option to check for software updates. Sorry I don't remember the icon names to click off the top of my head, but you should find it pretty quick poking aroud.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Mine just did that blank screen thing for a while. It's back up now.
But overall theres been a few glitches I've encountered. Nothing really has brought the truck down, but it's something I've not experienced in other vehicles. I mean this is leaps and bounds more connected and integrated than any other vehicle I've had, but I'm hoping that they continue with updates to refine the system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.