Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's finally here. I regularly check for it in stores and now, Pennzoil Euro L with the Dexos 2 logo is available at Canadian Tire and Parts Source stores. One liter bottles only so far. The price is hefty at $13.49 per liter. Walmart Canada still has none. The price at Walmart USA is not much better considering exchange so it's not worth crossing the border to get it.

The GM dealer told me their oil is only about $10.00 per liter but, how good is the oil? I just don't know. The Pennzoil has a good rep and they claim their oil is the only one approved by Ferrari USA if that means anything to you. I'm not really trying to start another oil thread, just want to let everyone know.

Reactions: n1d0n

·
Registered
72 Posts
Is idparts.com a good option for us or will we get hosed with border fees?

their 2.8 kit with Pennzoil Euro L and an OEM oil filter is U$ 71.05 + 9.99 shipping to Canada.

My diesel grand cherokee took 10 quarts of expensive stuff so I'm actually looking forward to paying less LOL!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm waiting for Chevron Delo 400 XSP (CK4) to become available, which should be anytime now. I've read the specs on their oil and they read, really good, especially the HTHS (Acea-A3) numbers. Their 400 SDE 15W-40(CK-4)is out now, and yes I know this is the incorrect weight for the 2.8, and sells for $26.00 U.S.(About $32.00CDN) per gallon. I'm guessing the 400XSP(5W-30 & 5W-40)should come in close to that pricing as well. That pricing , at least to me, does make it worth while to go south and pick it up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.