Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Great write up! Did your truck have the wiring in the factory harness already for the fog lights or did you need to run your own? I just picked up a 2015 work truck that I'm finding doesn't have all of the goodies built in.
The actual wiring to the fog lights no, but the trucks are preconfigured in the BCM for foglights to use all oem parts without purchasing a whole trim package.

Mine are aftermarket so wired completely to battery and switch in cab.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Awesome post. Looking to do an Anzo or Spyder headlight install... but I have a wrinkle. I didn't think ahead and I installed the factory OEM Fender Flares when I got the truck about a month ago. So there is double sided tape from the flares on the bumper.

Will I have to destroy the tape or is there a way to partially remove the bumper for the light enclosure install without trashing the fender flare adhesive?

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
The tape is easily replaced. Its just a 3M tape. Im sure someone here can tell you the exact one as 3M has a gazillion different flavors but, its not a bad job to replace it if you have to take the flares off. :wink2:

·
Registered
23 Posts
The tape is easily replaced. Its just a 3M tape. Im sure someone here can tell you the exact one as 3M has a gazillion different flavors but, its not a bad job to replace it if you have to take the flares off. /forums/images/ColoradoFans_2015/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
I used an exacto knife when installing to make a cut in the tape where the bumper seam was because initially I wasn't planning on taping the flare to the bumper cover (thinking ahead). But when I saw the tail of the tape visibly hanging after installation, I decided to take it off and tape it on the bumper as well. That being said, if I have to pull it off and destroy the double sided tape, it would only be the tape that is below the seam and on the bumper cover. So it wouldn't be a full removal and reinstall. Just was hoping to avoid if possible.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Awesome post. Looking to do an Anzo or Spyder headlight install... but I have a wrinkle. I didn't think ahead and I installed the factory OEM Fender Flares when I got the truck about a month ago. So there is double sided tape from the flares on the bumper.

Will I have to destroy the tape or is there a way to partially remove the bumper for the light enclosure install without trashing the fender flare adhesive?
Also to answer, no you couldn't only remove part of the bumper cover to get the headlight assembly out.
Once the bumper cover is removed, the headlights are pretty easy. I replaced my assemblies a couple months ago.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I took mine off today and found it very helpful.

At least on my 2018, the 7 mm on the left side are accessible from under the hood via an opening in the backside of the fender. I would likely have never found the 2 10 mm without your guide.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts