Good morning everyone, I very much apologize for the long hiatus on information. Between life and extra military training activities I’ve been preoccupied .
Truthfully I can’t even remember where we left off. Anyways got the truck running again and spent hours bending the old squirter‘s to the perfect location that nothing would interfere.
Broke the truck in and finally started driving it normal. I was headed to check some wells and while pulling a RZR going up a decent incline and was building I believe around 70 psi I blew a turbo boot, so I pulled off the road shut the truck off and duck taped the boot back together.
Started it back and noticed a knocking, long story short it spun a rod bearing, bent some valves, ruined that rod and heated the crank so probably ruined it and some other issues happened.
What I believed happened was when we built the motor, The bearings we received put the motor on the tight end of the normal range of what GM recommended. Well within the safe range, but like I said on the tighter end. I think from the extra power and the heat it was building, cooked the thin film of oil on the bearings and locked it up.
Hindsight definitely should’ve built the motor more loose, like wore out loose.
Put way too much money into this project trying to retain the Diesel. Anyways after a long hiatus of messing with the truck, about a month ago I picked back up and decided to swap a gen 5 L87 and 8L90 8 speed transmission into it.
Going to put an aggressive cam and the usual bolt one onto it but that’s about it. If you guys have any questions about the last build, ask away.
Or if you think there will be an interest for this new build, I’ll start another thread and document it.
I have a lot of interest in the Gen5 L87 and 8L90...My engine just nuked and I can find those engines all day. Hell do an EV swap at this point LOL