Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have issues with the delayed lock feature? Mine only works if you hit the lock button on the door. If you use the FOB it locks immediately. Is this just the way it works on these trucks?

On my H2 with both the FOB and the door switch it will ding, and then lock 10 seconds after the door closes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,478 Posts
Why would you want that? No being obnoxious. Just can't think of a reason why I would want that.
To let you know you locked your keys in your truck?

Mine gives the delay if you hit the button on the door, although the other day it acted strange, not sure what it was doing. Didn't pay close attention, since my phone was in my pocket and my keys in my hand.

I don't think it worked that way with the key fob.

It would be really nice if everyone followed the instructions in my sig line, but I don't think there is a difference between the various model years on this feature.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Why would you want that? No being obnoxious. Just can't think of a reason why I would want that.
What I like is that I can hit the lock on the drivers door, close it, and then open the back door before the truck actually locks. This is helpful when you've been to the store and put items in the back seat or in the case of my wife's 2013 Malibu, you can even get to the external trunk button bore the car actually locks. I'm not sure how long the delay is, but it is plenty of time to open another door. If I hit the button, close the door and just walk away from the truck it is about 5 to 7 steps before it locks.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have kids, who can sometimes take a few minutes to get unloaded. I can get out and lock it without having to wait to make sure they are all out first. Then it locks 10 seconds after the last door is shut.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I never use the lock buttons on the doors. Problem solved. The range on the fob is great and of course if I'm ever concerned I forgot to lock it I just use the app on my iPhone.

Reactions: CaryBosse

·
Registered
18 Posts
I like that feature as well. I also turned off Auto Door Unlock for same reason, safety and kids. Doesn't unlock automatically once in park. You have to double pull the handles. My wife's Mini came that way so we got used to the feature and like the fact that the Canyon had it as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.