Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted before about a rattling appearing to come from underneath the driver side flooring.
I took it to the dealer but nothing was found.
Well, yesterday I backed out of my driveway and a LOUD thud was felt from underneath the floor! When I came back from work and drove back home, going about 30mph, I hit a very small imperfection on the road and again, the same loud thud from underneath!!

What can it be?
I need to take it back to the dealer but I cannot recreate the noise. I tried last night. If I had some good pointers I could make them check those out.

Thanks!

·
Registered
317 Posts
i got the same problem...started complaining about it when it had 13 000km's...well noew with 46 000km's and alot of trips to the dealer its still not fixed and i'm told "nothing is wrong" everytime

·
Registered
9,570 Posts
Why don't y'all climb underneath and check out your exhaust, suspension, and other things underneath?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had this problem once and it now has returned. The dealer fixed it the first time and said something about a part being loose somewhere near the wheel. I know this doesn't help you much, but since we both need to get it fixed, I am going to go back through my service records to see what they actually said it was.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ok...Found it!

The last time I had this corrected, it was 2006. I stated that a rattle was coming from the front end of the truck when going over moderate bumps. I thought it might be the hood spacing issue that caused rattles for some 04s.

The dealer wrote this on the service ticket: "Technician heard slight noise coming from front backing plates, hitting the steering knuckle. Re-aligned backing plate."

I am taking this old service ticket with me when I go for my next oil change.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also had lots of weird noises coming from my driver side front wheel, some shaking and alignment issue, 4 times to the alignment shop they could find nothing wrong. Changed shocks, did every thing and could not find anything wrong until last week. I climbed under the truck 2 check if all was tight, for the 1000th time, but this time I looked at my frame and that is when I found it, the mount for the lower control arm, at the rear of the arm where the t-bar connects, was pealed off the frame and another break down lower by the control arm bushing. So I think its a freak accident and I need my truck so I go to junk yards so I can find a truck with a good one and cut it off and weld on to my truck. Every one that I looked at was cracked or just starting to peal from the frame, not much but enough to make me worry. I also found one that the piece had been already cut out, perhaps as a donor for another truck. My truck is a 05 Z71 4x4. I'm going to have a new mount fabricated that is stronger. So take a good look at the above mentioned area and let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts