Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
does anybody if gm is going to offer the Colorado crew cab z71 in deepwood green?

If it's the same green that's offered on the ZR2 then I read that it should be available on the 2018 Z71. In 2016 GM offered a Rain Forest Green Metallic on these trucks (Not Z71) but sadly it was discontinued for the 2017 model year. That color would have been my first choice.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If it's the same grfeen that's offered on the ZR2 then I read that it should be available on the 2018 Z71. In 2016 GM offered a Rain Forest Green Metallic on these trucks (Not Z71) but sadly it was discontinued for the 2017 model year. That color would have been my first choice.
I love my rainforest green. When it's clean. :grin2:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks! For those you who have experienced this or are in the know, how long does it usually take to introduce a color that isn't available at the start of production?
It can vary. The best thing to do is ask your dealer to check the constraints and try to put an order in for you with that color. Once the order goes to status code 3000 or higher, you will know the factory is now accepting those orders. :smile2:

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I spoke to a local dealer today and was told that the deepwood z71 can be ordered and that some are already out there. If anyone can get a picture please post!
How about a vid?
First time I saw the color on the showroom floor, I thought it was the Graphite. It looks grey in in dull and limited spectrum lighting.

https://youtu.be/oMe1CsHlk1c

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for taking the time to post the vid Ratracer. I have seen the LT version of the deepwood green but not the z71 version. Anxious to see it without the chrome grille window trim and HOPEFULLY with the black z71 rims.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
The Deepwood Green Metallic has a lot of Gray tones when under lights or overcast sky. In full sun you see the gold metallic pop and the green comes alive. When in sun the shaded side looks black.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aaaaaand.. Here’s my new Deepwood Green Metallic Z71 diesel. Just picked it up last Saturday, Woot!
It’s pretty much devoid of chrome aside from the head / fog lights. Black bowties too. This wasn’t my first choice of colors but when I saw it the showroom I was sold. It can look different every time you see it. I kinda like that.
The first photo is of it after the test drive. The next two are from the dealership’s website. I haven’t taken any other pics of it yet. I guess I’ve been too busy driving it Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Truck
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bumper Hood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Land vehicle Vehicle Car Pickup truck Automotive tire

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! So far all I’ve done is add front and rear Weathertech mud flaps and a Swing Case tool box. I also painted the pinchwelds under the rocker panels black. They stand out a lot less now. I ordered an A.R.E. MX cap. It should be here in a few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
Aaaaaand.. Here’s my new Deepwood Green Metallic Z71 diesel. Just picked it up last Saturday, Woot!
It’s pretty much devoid of chrome aside from the head / fog lights. Black bowties too. This wasn’t my first choice of colors but when I saw it the showroom I was sold. It can look different every time you see it. I kinda like that.
The first photo is of it after the test drive. The next two are from the dealership’s website. I haven’t taken any other pics of it yet. I guess I’ve been too busy driving it View attachment 282689 View attachment 282697 View attachment 282705

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
man that is one good looking truck! Congrats on the purchase :)

Reactions: DavyO

·
Registered
81 Posts
I was wanting a green one and the only one I could find close was 350 miles away. So I went to dealership and they tried to setup a trade but it was a no go. This place acutally had 3 green dmax in LT modles

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.