Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have this color, you really wanted it. I don't think anyone gets the DWG by default like it was the only thing on the lot.
So if you in the DWG club, and are totally stoked about your green-ness, comment on why you got it or what you like about it.

As for myself, I had mine delivered 1,500 miles to get a DWG because the availability dried up. I was suspecting the numbers were low or the color might be retired soon.
Its the closest thing to olive drab or British racing green, which I've always liked. I like having something different. And I can hide in the woods if need be.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ironically, I ended up with a '17 in DWG because it WAS the only color ZR2 on the lot. They had 2 of them in fact.

I originally wanted white because it hides trail scratches well, but I'm impatient and it ticked most of the other boxes for me so I pulled the trigger.

That being said, I love the green, scratches and all, and it gets a lot of compliments.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another reason I like DWG is it is dark enough to look good with black trim.
It doesn't look like you're driving a big leaf around.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I originally wanted the forest green when I got my 2016 but was in a pinch for a new vehicle as my civic died so I couldn't order it and wait that long. Glad I waited on ordering one though cause now I've got my DGM on order and couldn't be more stoked. I think black is going to look great on it. Ordered with black bow ties and wheels and i plan on dipping the side badges, installing black exhaust tip and darkening the front tints to match the back.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had been looking at ZR2's for a while, and had seen a blue one, black one, and a white one, but they didn't really appeal to me because they were too common. Then I saw a Deepwood Green Metallic ZR2 on the dealer's lot. My first thought was "crap, why did they get that one? I'm going to have to buy it". It looked fantastic, and I bought it the next day. I think it looks like a really dark khaki color, which is great if you ask me.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the option of black, silver, gray, or green. I had them ship over the green from another dealership because I loved the color. I think it looks even better in person.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you have this color, you really wanted it. I don't think anyone gets the DWG by default like it was the only thing on the lot.
So if you in the DWG club, and are totally stoked about your green-ness, comment on why you got it or what you like about it.

As for myself, I had mine delivered 1,500 miles to get a DWG because the availability dried up. I was suspecting the numbers were low or the color might be retired soon.
Its the closest thing to olive drab or British racing green, which I've always liked. I like having something different. And I can hide in the woods if need be.
I actually chose this color over the red. I had it delivered only 60 miles but I couldn't find black. I bought the truck only going to by the dealer pictures. I honestly say I love this color and wouldn't have any other color for the truck. Its understated but also striking in the right light. I sometimes refer to it as metallic olive drab when people as about it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I actually wanted a white one as well. But the white one was in the showroom so they asked if I minded driving the DWG truck. After driving it, talking numbers the sales guy asked me, "You still want the white one right?" and I sat there for 5 seconds, remembered the last few of my cars/trucks had been white, said screw it lets do something different and picked the DWG.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Back when I wrote that, I was still confused between DWG and Brownstone because in certain light the brownstone can look very greenish and I thought DWG was Brownstone color. But Brownstone wasn't a color option for 2018. I was seeing Brownstone trucks on the street thinking they were DWG!
What a mess!
But! I still would rather have a 2018 DWG over a 2017. I got in on the last of the DWG run.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
My local lot had a Charcoal gray but it sold quickly. Seen the advertisements on the ZR2 in DWG plus guys on here were showing them off. Drove to dealer aways away, we drove a DWG there. Wife said, "is there any question on what color" Happy Wife....

in the woods and pasture the color really pops. in the hood, not so much, still getting use to lack of chrome

·
Registered
145 Posts
I bought my DWG ZR2 because of the color. I had been looking at ZR2s for a while and didn't really like any of the colors. Black shows every scratch and is impossible to keep clean. White is soooo boring. I didn't like the red color Chevy had. The charcoal gray one was way too common. Then one day I saw my ZR2 parked out front at the local Chevy dealer. It made me do a double take, the color was perfect. I think it is a dark khaki color, which I really like. My wife says it is the color of wet cow poop. What does she know? Plus, it makes decorating for Christmas real easy. My full size truck is a Ruby Red colored F350, so all I have to do is park both of them in the driveway, and decorations for Christmas are done.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine was the only manual transmission I could find in Deepwood. I tried a nationwide search because I wanted some options with the manual. My stripped down WT was the only one I could find at the dealer. Here are some pics of it now along with the parts list I ordered with the purchase lol.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I knew I was going to buy a ZR2 by early May 17', drove gas, diesel, short and long bed. I liked the DWG from the GM releases and I found out a dealer about 50 miles away was getting a DWG Ext Cab Gas, just what I wanted. Picked it up on my birthday, 7/28/17'

·
Registered
34 Posts
I knew I was going to buy a ZR2 by early May 17', drove gas, diesel, short and long bed. I liked the DWG from the GM releases and I found out a dealer about 50 miles away was getting a DWG Ext Cab Gas, just what I wanted. Picked it up on my birthday, 7/28/17'

What an awesome birthday present! What rack are you running on top?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
What an awesome birthday present! What rack are you running on top?

That's a Rhino Rack Pioneer platform on RTL600 towers. Easy on/off, no wind noise and mounts a 42" light bar perfectly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts