Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 6 ft bed and the plastic drop in liner was included. I ordered the DeeZee bed mat but it doesnt fit. To long by about 2.5 inches and to wide by about an inch.

Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
It fits perfectly with the spray in liner. I suspect the gap between your plastic liner and bed is where the issue is.

I suppose you can take the drop in liner out or, just trim the bed mat. Just be careful cutting it as it is a pretty rugged rubber.

Reactions: plow78

·
Registered
99 Posts
You can cut the mat. I usually buy the universal mats and cut them myself.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Personally, I never had a spray in liner (always had drop ins before this truck) , nor a bed mat before....but having them both is definitely a knee-saver when your crawling around back there.

The jury is still out for me with the spray in liner. I was hauling wood with my brother just a couple of days ago. and was gently laying the wood in the back, not knowing how much of the resistance would start any tears in the spray in liner........ versus, never had to worry with my drop in liners.

But alas, it was my 1st time ordering it with the spray in and so far Im happy with it.

Good luck if you are going to trim the bedmat out......Im sure it will still be a great addition for you. :wink2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Personally, I never had a spray in liner (always had drop ins before this truck) , nor a bed mat before....but having them both is definitely a knee-saver when your crawling around back there.

The jury is still out for me with the spray in liner. I was hauling wood with my brother just a couple of days ago. and was gently laying the wood in the back, not knowing how much of the resistance would start any tears in the spray in liner........ versus, never had to worry with my drop in liners.

But alas, it was my 1st time ordering it with the spray in and so far Im happy with it.

Good luck if you are going to trim the bedmat out......Im sure it will still be a great addition for you. :wink2:

I believe you will have good luck and love the spray in liner. Had one a long time ago and loved it. Not looking forward to trimming the mat.
Good luck

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have the 6 ft bed and the plastic drop in liner was included. I ordered the DeeZee bed mat but it doesnt fit. To long by about 2.5 inches and to wide by about an inch.

Anyone else have this issue?

Double check you received the correct mat. Sounds like you got the Silverado mat.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Double check you received the correct mat. Sounds like you got the Silverado mat.

Nope, he got the correct mat.
I had the DeeZee mat in my drop in liner on my 15, and it was too big like his. The drop in liner is a general contour, and not close to the body at the floor. When I transfered it to my 17, it was an exact fit.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nope, he got the correct mat.

I had the DeeZee mat in my drop in liner on my 15, and it was too big like his. The drop in liner is a general contour, and not close to the body at the floor. When I transfered it to my 17, it was an exact fit.

Wow, that's quite a bit of bed space lost with the plastic drop in liner

·
Registered
470 Posts
My Dee-Zee fit great in my 6 ft. factory sprayed box. I had drop ins before in my Rangers and after about 10 years of use, they start cracking and leaking in the front corners. No idea how the sprayed box will hole up, but hoping he mat helps. We have a Ford F350 that is 4 years old at work with a factory spray that is peeling away from the box already.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have the drop in liner from the dealer and added the Zee Dee mat. It will not fit unless it is trimmed. The reason I got it is to prevent cargo from sliding around on the drop in liner. That thing is like a teflon frying pan.

I trimmed it using a combination of tin snips and a very sharp hunting knife. Wear heavy gloves when using that sharp knife. One slip could mean a trip to the emergency room.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Called autoanything.com they could care less. If i want to return it its going to cost me 15% restock fee. DeeZee said to take it up with autoanything. Frustrating

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the drop in liner from the dealer and added the Zee Dee mat. It will not fit unless it is trimmed. The reason I got it is to prevent cargo from sliding around on the drop in liner. That thing is like a teflon frying pan.

I trimmed it using a combination of tin snips and a very sharp hunting knife. Wear heavy gloves when using that sharp knife. One slip could mean a trip to the emergency room.
I am a retired carpet layer I free hand bed mats with a Bloody Mary carpet knife. :surprise:

Reactions: jhs914 and Toughsox

·
Registered
14 Posts
I also have the drop in plastic oem liner for my 2017 Z71 Crew Cab with short box.
And I added the DeeZee Rubber Bed Mat #87009.
Had to trim the thick rubber all around to get a good fit.
A bit of work but worth it. And the heavy rubber mat is in no danger of blowing out on the highway.
Jefro.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.