Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I purchased this decal and having some issues.
This is the decal I purchased but not the place I bought it from, you can buy it at allot of places even eBay.
https://www.vinylgraphicspro.com/ra...l-graphic-factory-oem-style-decal-stripe-kit/

Anyway I have a 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 extended cab.
None of the pictures show it on a extended cab but all pictures show it ending at the back or the rear door and starting at the front of the front door.
This is what I got:

I think they sent me the wrong decal. They told me to cut it at the door and at the cab breaks..

If I cut it there it would be right through the bow tie cut out. I sent them my picture and they said they sent me the right one and I should get a professional installer.

To me it looks like they sent the one for a crew cab.

No pictures anywhere show the rampart decal going past the rear door. Now if it would go past the rear door shouldn't go to the front of the flair for the wheel well does it not seem too short for that?

They also said I could trim the front. Well now that would look stupid too because there is a color border on the thing. Am I missing something.

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
It does appear that they sent you one for the crew cab, but what would it look like if you lined up the rear bowtie where it belongs, then cut it at the back end of the front door? Like.....cut out the middle. Am I explaining that correctly?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Toughsox that was my first thought. Line it up with the front of the front door and trim it. Then line it up with the back of the back door and trim
Two problems, First is is tapered from front to back so when it hits in between there would be a jump in size.
Second it is two wide to fit under the contour of the suicide door with out trimming.

There is a colored edge around the thing that makes it hard to trim.

They will not even return a email after the last nasty one they sent me.

I asked them for a picture how it is supposed to look on a extended cab or tell me where the bow tie goes in-front or behind the back door no answer. going to ask again..

Seems it was drop shipped from mopro so they probably do not even know what they are selling. Going to try Mopro next.

Yea checked with a few people today and ever yon agrees it is the wrong size. Why would it need to be trimmed if the bow tie goes in front of the back door.
All agree if it is to go between the back door and back wheel well it is too short. Especially since it would have to wrap a little around the back of the cab.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Different than mine. May not be a Colorado decal.

I have seen that one or similiar. It is the one that goes in the contour.

I like that one maybe even better than the one I purchased. I like the way it goes behind the back door. Can you get a shot of where it transitions between the cab and bed?

So what you are saying that maybe they sent one that was made for another truck?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Looking at the Mopro web site I think they sent a decal for a crew cab. Maybe it can be exchanged. What is the name of the original seller, I don't want to ever deal with them.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I purchased this decal and having some issues.
This is the decal I purchased but not the place I bought it from, you can buy it at allot of places even eBay.
https://www.vinylgraphicspro.com/ra...l-graphic-factory-oem-style-decal-stripe-kit/

Anyway I have a 2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 extended cab.
None of the pictures show it on a extended cab but all pictures show it ending at the back or the rear door and starting at the front of the front door.
This is what I got:

I think they sent me the wrong decal. They told me to cut it at the door and at the cab breaks..

If I cut it there it would be right through the bow tie cut out. I sent them my picture and they said they sent me the right one and I should get a professional installer.

To me it looks like they sent the one for a crew cab.

No pictures anywhere show the rampart decal going past the rear door. Now if it would go past the rear door shouldn't go to the front of the flair for the wheel well does it not seem too short for that?

They also said I could trim the front. Well now that would look stupid too because there is a color border on the thing. Am I missing something.

Thanks for any help.
It looks like it would work if you moved the whole thing back a few inches.....(whatever it took to get the bowtie right, on the rear bed panel (fender.))

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It looks like it would work if you moved the whole thing back a few inches.....(whatever it took to get the bowtie right, on the rear bed panel (fender.))
I Thought about that too..
But if you look at the natural contour lines it curves down at the front and the decal is supposed to look like an extension of that curve. Hard to see though on some pics.

I contacted MoPro to hear what they say so far nothing.

If I trim it right behind the cab and do not wrap it at all, I might have enough to make it look OK behind the cab. I wish it were 2 inches longer.
Problem is if you do not follow the curve in the back of the cab some it will look like a huge gap. With black it might be ok. Maybe this is how it is supposed to be?

They need to show a picture of a extended cab and how they look. When they show pictures of it only ending at the end of the back door people are going to think it is that way for both models. They should have a picture of how the decal should look on your vehicle not just some generic instruction so you have a visual. Plus if they showed the right picture maybe people would not like the look of it behind the cab? It is totally different than what is shown and kind of false advertising.

I am still amusing it is supposed to end at the back edge of the suicide door. If it does than it is not the product I ordered.

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I Thought about that too..
But if you look at the natural contour lines it curves down at the front and the decal is supposed to look like an extension of that curve. Hard to see though on some pics.

I contacted MoPro to hear what they say so far nothing.

If I trim it right behind the cab and do not wrap it at all, I might have enough to make it look OK behind the cab. I wish it were 2 inches longer.
Problem is if you do not follow the curve in the back of the cab some it will look like a huge gap. With black it might be ok. Maybe this is how it is supposed to be?

They need to show a picture of a extended cab and how they look. When they show pictures of it only ending at the end of the back door people are going to think it is that way for both models. They should have a picture of how the decal should look on your vehicle not just some generic instruction so you have a visual. Plus if they showed the right picture maybe people would not like the look of it behind the cab? It is totally different than what is shown and kind of false advertising.

I am still amusing it is supposed to end at the back edge of the suicide door. If it does than it is not the product I ordered.
yes, sounds a little deceptive. Hopefully you can get it resolved. Maybe if you cut it short at all gaps like the door and cab the same exact amount it would look "correct" ??

Reactions: shred5

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
About the only thing you can do - is contact the seller/website and tell them (or ask them if) they sent the wrong decal.

I have the same/similar graphic as madcratebuilder has. A completely different placement also.

I tried and they said they did ship the right one and that I should get a professional to install it.

I have seen your decal before also with he bowtie. It is another mopro decal.

RANTON : 2015 2016 2017 2018 Chevy Colorado Lower Rocker Panel Accent Vinyl Graphic Package Factory OEM Style Decal Stripe Kit - MoProAuto | Vinyl Graphics Decals Stripes

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Put that decal up on a crew cab, I bet it's a perfect fit. So much for mopro CS. I'll make it a point to use a CC if I ever do biz with them again, at least that gives me some protection.

Reactions: JBT

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well no doubt I was sent the wrong ones here it is on a crew cab. Went to the dealer we bought my truck at and held it up on their crew cab.
Now I would like an exchange for the proper sized ones. Apology we be nice too.

Thanks David.

That is the message I sent..

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
shred5 can you post the name of the vender that you bought the decal from? Members here can then decide if they want to do business with them. They have terrible CS.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
out the seller so that others don’t get ripped off by them...they are either scum or stupid...

Reactions: madcratebuilder
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.