Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Go down to Wally-World and in the air conditioner section pick up one of the inexpensive green filters. They have a woven mesh on one side and filter material on the other. The filter is about an inch thick. Cut a piece4 about 5" X 12" and fold it in half with the mesh side out now cram this in the hole near the hood hinge (see description in Granite Blue's post # 15 earlier in this thread) it is similar to the material Granite Blue used but much less expensive. pass along the left over filter material to another "Twins" enthusiast, they will appreciate the heads up!
I'm curious, what does this material look like? Thanks

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Go down to Wally-World and in the air conditioner section pick up one of the inexpensive green filters. They have a woven mesh on one side and filter material on the other. The filter is about an inch thick. Cut a piece4 about 5" X 12" and fold it in half with the mesh side out now cram this in the hole near the hood hinge (see description in Granite Blue's post # 15 earlier in this thread) it is similar to the material Granite Blue used but much less expensive. pass along the left over filter material to another "Twins" enthusiast, they will appreciate the heads up!
That’s exactly what I used also. Great material for stopping the debris.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
That’s exactly what I used also. Great material for stopping the debris.
Would it be possible to see what this filter from Walmart looks like? All I have seen as air conditioning filters is fiberglass and paper, not plastic like a pond filter, from Walmart. There is a pond filter from Lowes that I'm gonna pick up, but if this is cheaper I'll get it. I park under a lot of trees. Thanks

·
Registered
279 Posts
I picked mine up at Walmart awhile back. It was just as described. You can't miss it, its green mesh about an inch thick that is pretty big that you cut to size advertised as a washable reusable air conditioner filter. Maybe they were out of them.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Good idea for another material. But you quoted my quote back to me. . .. I made the original post. :cool:

61 - 66 of 66 Posts
About this Discussion
65 Replies
23 Participants
billsite34
Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon
ColoradoFans.com is the best forum for the Chevy Colorado community to discuss the truck’s reliability, diesel or transmissions problems and more.
Full Forum Listing