Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts
For those that went with black lug nuts, can you offer some recommendations. I know our lug size is M 14 x 1.5. anything else that I should be looking for?

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Never understood de-badging. I buy generic toilet paper - not trucks.
Some people buy clothing with brands plastered all over them. Some don't. Take off the labels and the motor, and the car is still the same. I buy for the larger things and not the plastic shiny bits. To each his own.

Happen to have a link to the black Colorado lettering you have on the tailgate? Looks so much better without the black Bowtie on the rear also!
What bed cover do you have on your truck? I like the looks of it. Where is the best place to buy them?

Well once again I spent high dollar and bought GM Black Lug Nuts and Locks. Expensive but exactly what I wanted.

Lug Nuts: Chevrolet Accessories
Locks: Wheel Lock Kit in Black
I did the same and had the dealer replace the chrome ones during a standard oil change/tire rotation. I probably wouldn't have gone GM if I didn't have a percentage off coupon applied along with GM points to redeem.

jsvz71, what did you do with the center caps? i'm finding conflicting information on compatible replacements with black bowtie. I may just paint them.

I know its not the same but, I took everything i could off my truck. Thats the first thing i do to every vehicle i get, this one is white. I dont like the idea of free advertising.....Chevy doesnt pay me to show off their brand so i pull all that **** off....If you dont know what kind of truck it is, Does it really even matter? I think a clean truck/car is the best way.....
My 86 RX/7 came with decals on the rear that said Mazda and RX/7. So many people were simply removing them that they switched to badges. Manufacturers really don't care what the consumer wants. They do want the free advertising.

I did the same and had the dealer replace the chrome ones during a standard oil change/tire rotation. I probably wouldn't have gone GM if I didn't have a percentage off coupon applied along with GM points to redeem.

jsvz71, what did you do with the center caps? i'm finding conflicting information on compatible replacements with black bowtie. I may just paint them.

These are the ones that I just put on my truck. They fit perfect. 2.7 inch diameter is what you're looking for.

Reactions: 2018Midnight
For the black lug nuts...

Do they come with a special socket to put them on and remove? Seems a regular socket would scratch them immediately.

For the black lug nuts...

Do they come with a special socket to put them on and remove? Seems a regular socket would scratch them immediately.
My wheels have been off/on 4 times with the black lug nuts and no scratches yet. I have taken them off twice, and I made a point at Discount Tire to emphasize not to scratch the wheels or lug nuts. Same socket as the original.

Reactions: AnimatedDirt

My black wheels had the all black center caps when I bought it.

Discussion starter · #38 ·
What bed cover do you have on your truck? I like the looks of it. Where is the best place to buy them?
I went with the Ultra Flex tonneu cover. It appeared to be the best in my opinion due to great reviews. It's low profile like the rest bit the underside of it is carpeted with a grey carpet. I added a Bedbug to the back of my truck and it is the same color. It all matches. I bought it from Amazon.com and it came within 4 days to my door. I put it in by myself late at night and it took less than an hour while checking texts on my phone and sipping a drink.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.