Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm contemplating it on my midnight Z71. I have searched this forum and have not seen anyone with a midnight doing it. I found a black ZR2 do it but not the Z71. Has anyone done it? Care to share a photo or two?

I took this off tonight.

Anyone need it? Free.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was thinking of doing the same thing with my black z71. I did buy black center pieces for the wheels and was thinking about black lug nuts. Also I will be wrapping the tail and third brake lights in a black vinyl wrap I haven't gotten around doing any of this yet but can post pictures when I do get it done.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh Hello new best friend!

Hell yeah I wanna see pics. This is awesome. I definitely want to do the front fog light inserts that I see you have already.

Contemplating a slight tint on the 3rd light and the brakes also. Just a slight one to make it not soooooo red.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I also did more black out on my Midnight Edition. I did add a slight red highlight with tow hooks, Z71, matching red calipers and still have the v6 emblem, but chrome is blacked out. The v6 and black COLORADO on the tail gate will probably go soon. The bow tie was history long ago.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I took the “V6” emblem off my tailgate. Denali package doesn’t have it. Left the other badges though.

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Midnight
27 Posts
We need a Midnight only thread, lol. I left my bowties front/back but did apply matte black plastidip, to the V6 one as well. I purchases new Z71 emblems and fog light bezels, both eliminating chrome. My lug nuts are now black thanks to a tire rotation and a GM points accessory purchase. 3rd brake light, replaced the OEM with a black smoked LED version.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I know its not the same but, I took everything i could off my truck. Thats the first thing i do to every vehicle i get, this one is white. I dont like the idea of free advertising.....Chevy doesnt pay me to show off their brand so i pull all that **** off....If you dont know what kind of truck it is, Does it really even matter? I think a clean truck/car is the best way.....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I also did more black out on my Midnight Edition. I did add a slight red highlight with tow hooks, Z71, matching red calipers and still have the v6 emblem, but chrome is blacked out. The v6 and black COLORADO on the tail gate will probably go soon. The bow tie was history long ago.

View attachment 402419

View attachment 402420

View attachment 402421
Happen to have a link to the black Colorado lettering you have on the tailgate? Looks so much better without the black Bowtie on the rear also!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We need a Midnight only thread, lol. I left my bowties front/back but did apply matte black plastidip, to the V6 one as well. I purchases new Z71 emblems and fog light bezels, both eliminating chrome. My lug nuts are now black thanks to a tire rotation and a GM points accessory purchase. 3rd brake light, replaced the OEM with a black smoked LED version.
I think pics are in order!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know its not the same but, I took everything i could off my truck. Thats the first thing i do to every vehicle i get, this one is white. I dont like the idea of free advertising.....Chevy doesnt pay me to show off their brand so i pull all that **** off....If you dont know what kind of truck it is, Does it really even matter? I think a clean truck/car is the best way.....
Great points!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ordered the AVS deflector after seeing it on your truck. Looks great on the midnights!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Happen to have a link to the black Colorado lettering you have on the tailgate? Looks so much better without the black Bowtie on the rear also!
Well the black letters are GM option, a little expensive, but you get three sets. I had bonus points to use and split them with my nephew that has a Zr2.

Colorado Emblems in Black

Reactions: 2018Midnight

·
Registered
652 Posts
Never understood de-badging. I buy generic toilet paper - not trucks.
😄 Not me I buy very explicit toilet paper for my rear end, Charmin Ultra Strong. Some like the look de-badged, some like the badges and some don't care one way or another. What ever floats your boat. ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts