Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Take off the 2 side pillars first. Then, there is a screw in each corner that you get to by going through the side,behind a panel...... gimme a min and I'll go take a picture of where the screw is.

Then its simply a matter of popping the dash cover upwards. Dont forget the wire for the center sensor.....by dont forget, I mean, when your reassembling it. Dont ask me how I know that part.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
Ok....crappy MS Paint going on here as Im no artist but -

Where the green arrow is, pull back the weatherstripping.
Where the red arrow is, you simply pop that panel off (use a non marring plastic tool if you have one, or just be gentle with a screw driver.
When you have the side panel off, you will see 1 screw......I believe it is a 7 mm one. There is one on both the left and right hand side when you have the front doors open. When you have that side panel off, you will clearly see the screw holding it all together.

Hope that helps. :wink2:

PS....that is a view with the passenger door open.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You had to take off that panel? I just did this on Sunday and all I did was pull off the A pillar trim pieces. Once you do that, you will see a single 7mm screw, on each side of the dash, that needs to be removed in order to access the dash speakers.

Reactions: Toughsox

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You had to take off that panel? I just did this on Sunday and all I did was pull off the A pillar trim pieces. Once you do that, you will see a single 7mm screw, on each side of the dash, that needs to be removed in order to access the dash speakers.
Thanks schulzy I found this out myself last night

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I think it just makes it easier to see that little bolt. ?? I didn't take it off either, or I don't remeber taking it off...Does it just pop off? Will do next time if so.

·
Premium Member
4,885 Posts
I recall doing the pillars,m then trying to get the dash to come off but it was tuck on the 2 ends....thats when I went looking for the hidden bolts.
Is it possible they have to be removed on just the 2016? If it wasnt so late, Id go outside and check to see if the bolts went through the dash or not. Odd indeed. :nerd:

·
Registered
10,627 Posts
I recall doing the pillars,m then trying to get the dash to come off but it was tuck on the 2 ends....thats when I went looking for the hidden bolts.
Is it possible they have to be removed on just the 2016? If it wasnt so late, Id go outside and check to see if the bolts went through the dash or not. Odd indeed. :nerd:
no, mine is a 16 and it has the bolts, I meant little side panels that kind of hide the bolts. ? You can still get to them but its easier to see them with the little side panels off....? The little side panels just pop off? I guess???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.