Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sine there don’t seem to be any after market options to mount D Ring Shackles to the 2nd Gen Colorado’s, I decided to create my own. A buddy and I just finished them up. I’ll be powder coating them black before I mount them up permanently. If you’d be interested in a set, let me know. I’m thinking about producing these. My buddy is a non destructive test engineer and said these should handle anything you can throw at them. I’ll post up some photos in a bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
I think you got something there. I would be in the market for a set, unpainted if possible.

Reactions: 16WhiteColly

·
Super Moderator
4,211 Posts
They look great!

I highly recommend anyone using these or the factory rings to rig up a treesaver strap to both rings then attach your pull strap to the treesaver. This will more evenly distribute the force to both sides of the frame and lessen the chance of breaking something.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I might be interested in a pair of these. Is it as simple as just unbolting the factory hooks and bolting these in?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I might be interested in a pair of these. Is it as simple as just unbolting the factory hooks and bolting these in?

Yes sir! It should take you half an hour to swap them out. I’m sourcing material at the moment to make a maiden production run.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Im down for a set! I would like some kind of black finish.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I’d be in for a set if they are not outrageously expensive.

·
Registered
358 Posts
They don’t have to be powder coated, I would take them bare metal.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hey very cool I like it. I would certainly buy a set if I hadn't already added some. I bet they would sell if you made them

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd definitely order a set! bare metal or powder coat is fine with me

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Who's hitch is that?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts