Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
501 - 514 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I just ordered a banks from Summit. I like it even more when I discovered it can be used in ANY vehicle newer than 2008. I can see having it around forever....or until they ban internal combustion engines.
yup, that's why I went in that direction. Once you start playing with it you'll see how much you can do with it. I love the data logging aspect of it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have OBD fusion on my tablet and my bluetooth obd2 adapter and was setting up my dashboard on fusion. Is there a way to get trans temp? Also, what is the DPF soot level called? Is that the "normalized trigger for DPF regen" ? I am also wanting the EGT temps for manifold and also after the DPF. is the manifold, the "exhaust gas temperature bank 1 sensor 1"? and then which is the post DPF temp sensor, the "dpf bank 1 outlet temp sensor" or bank 2? Also, is there a way to get "fuel temperature" on fusion?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I read through all 26 pages of this thread again and finally figured out that I do have it right for the soot level and now know the exhaust temps. But I noticed that at least 2 guys stated they have trans temp showing on fusion but I dont know where to find it. And it would be nice if a fuel temp was possible to see too.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I read through all 26 pages of this thread again and finally figured out that I do have it right for the soot level and now know the exhaust temps. But I noticed that at least 2 guys stated they have trans temp showing on fusion but I dont know where to find it. And it would be nice if a fuel temp was possible to see too.
I know it's possible because I see it on my i-Dash so it's being sent down the buss.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Today was my first drive with my new tablet having obd fusion installed with some gauges on it. I'd still like to have a trans temp gauge on fusion to see at a glance without needing to go through the DIC to see it. Also, the DIC says that DEF % is at 71% but on fusion, it was going up and down around 25-35% as it was sloshing in the tank. So which one is the accurate %? I know it said earlier models didn't have an accurate % for DEF level, but my DIC on my 2019 actually shows a percentage that i've watched drop 3% since buying it. I know that I could just try to fill it and see if it goes up, but I have NO idea how old this DEF fluid is, so I'd like to get it down to 25-30% before adding more.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
Answered earlier in the thread.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Thank you Thunderbear! I dont know how I missed that link before. I am still confused why my truck's DIC says my DEF level is 71% but on Fusion, it bounces around 25-35% as I am driving and when i stop moving it settles about 25%. Shouldn't they read the same %?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've put a lot of the details/progress/build stuff in my build thread - DieselDrax's 2017 Canyon Denali CCLB Duramax budget...

tl;dr - No problems with bluetooth, everything still works as before. When I first installed the CPAM I went with the Ram mounts because that's what I've used before, but the Ram balls and arms cause the devices to vibrate/bounce like nobody's business because they're rubberized. So, I swapped out all of the Ram balls and arms with 67 Designs' Series 20 balls (Series 20 Track Ball - they fit the Ram track) and their arms in the appropriate length. For my FTM-400XDR I'm using 67 Designs' 5mm offset mounting plate (5mm Offset Mount) that they made mainly for this radio's control head which uses a 5mm screw on the back. If you don't have this radio or one with a similar mounting method then you'll have to figure out what will work.

I can't recommend 67 Designs' stuff enough, it works great and is much less bulky than Ram, but the big win is how solid everything is mounted compared to the Ram stuff.
If you are still using the Scangauge II ...do you see over 25psi boost on it since your tune Wonder if it is absolute boost.

jjw
ND

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
If you are still using the Scangauge II ...do you see over 25psi boost on it since your tune Wonder if it is absolute boost.

jjw
ND
I'm not using the SGII anymore but I do use Torque, with the tune my max boost is around 23psi and stock it was 19.xx. These are corrected boost numbers that take atmospheric pressure into account as at idle I see around -2psi of vacuum.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
That makes sense.....I see 23 now on the SGII. Was watching a YouTube where the Colorado 2.8 with GDE was pulling camper up a steeper grade and had the image on the Banks while on the pull and his boost ran in the upper 20s.

jjw
ND

·
Registered
7,147 Posts
That makes sense.....I see 23 now on the SGII. Was watching a YouTube where the Colorado 2.8 with GDE was pulling camper up a steeper grade and had the image on the Banks while on the pull and his boost ran in the upper 20s.

jjw
ND
Hard to tell without being able to hear the engine, but it seemed like the boost to the upper 20s was more spiky than consistent. I haven't towed our trailer any appreciable distance since reinstalling the GDE engine tune recently and I basically never do WOT unless I'm towing up a long, steep grade on the interstate (Like over the Ike this summer). Moderate acceleration showed my boost was 4-5psi over stock just daily driving. If the boost numbers weren't compensating for atmosphere then they'd be showing ~14.7psi higher.

·
Registered
2019 GMC Canyon All-Terrain
1 Posts
I use my old Ultra Gauge I had for my original Ram EcoDiesel. Used it to monitor exhaust temp, knowing when a regen was happening. I then used it on my Ford F250 I had for a while, to monitor coolant temp vs oil temp (15 degree difference was a bad thing) and pump voltage.

So just picked up a 2019 Canyon since I took a job where I have to drive 150 miles round trip to work once a week. Now I attached it to the GMC to monitor boost, engine coolant temp, transmission temp and exhaust gas temp. I have not had a chance to see the exhaust gas temp go much higher then 700 degrees yet. But if a regen is like the ecodiesel, it'll go above 1,000 degrees. So I'll set an alarm to beep and let me know when it is happening so I can keep driving if needed.

You can configure all the data points from the CAN bus if you know them. I'm trying to collect/find them all. It comes with some generic popular ones. But the EGT and TFT I had to track down and using their manual, decode to setup the 'M Gauge' which is a manually entered data point.

The gauge is small and sits just up by the 'side mirror' vent on the drivers side. It is a simple black background with white text and I love it because it is clean and simple looking. I like clean and functional.

Here is my setup currently, from my 'excel' tool I use to configure it all. But it is the layout I currently have setup in the truck. I use for page one, the 6 gauge layout. Still need to fill in the other 2 left which I'm hoping i can find the DEF PID/data point.

Font Parallel Number Circle Rectangle

Does anyone use the Ultra Gauge and have figured out the DEF Fluid Level? I know I read some had it but it only updated once you hit like 30%. It then tracked from 30% down to 0%. Which is fine for me. I'll know when it starts moving from 30%, I need to watch it. I just hate digging around in the dashboard 'computer'.

501 - 514 of 514 Posts