Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
481 - 500 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine goes below zero and shows me pulling 2-3psi vacuum at idle. You have to edit the gauge in Torque to override the minimum default value of 0. I use -5psi as the minimum. Similar deal with OBD2AA if you're playing with that, set the minimum to -5 or so.

EDIT: Here’s a video showing the Torque “Turbo Boost and Vacuum Gauge”

I'm not sure about Torque, but the PIDs/status is there somewhere because BlueDriver is able to display regen status as well as average distance between regens. I think there's also a soot% PID but I'd have to look.
Very cool to see this in action. I've got the MX+ on the way now because of this. Also checking out that CPAM - seems like a really cool piece of kit. For your setup, have you experienced any negative issues connecting to the truck's bluetooth in addition to the MX+? Also looks like you've got a VHF/UHF head unit mounted to your CPAM - could you share what you're using for the mount? Is it a RAM mount, or is one that came with the radio that's just bolted on to the CPAM?

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
Very cool to see this in action. I've got the MX+ on the way now because of this. Also checking out that CPAM - seems like a really cool piece of kit. For your setup, have you experienced any negative issues connecting to the truck's bluetooth in addition to the MX+? Also looks like you've got a VHF/UHF head unit mounted to your CPAM - could you share what you're using for the mount? Is it a RAM mount, or is one that came with the radio that's just bolted on to the CPAM?
I've put a lot of the details/progress/build stuff in my build thread - DieselDrax's 2017 Canyon Denali CCLB Duramax budget...

tl;dr - No problems with bluetooth, everything still works as before. When I first installed the CPAM I went with the Ram mounts because that's what I've used before, but the Ram balls and arms cause the devices to vibrate/bounce like nobody's business because they're rubberized. So, I swapped out all of the Ram balls and arms with 67 Designs' Series 20 balls (https://www.67d.com/collections/series-20-rails-and-accessories/products/series-20-trackball - they fit the Ram track) and their arms in the appropriate length. For my FTM-400XDR I'm using 67 Designs' 5mm offset mounting plate (https://www.67d.com/products/5mm-offset) that they made mainly for this radio's control head which uses a 5mm screw on the back. If you don't have this radio or one with a similar mounting method then you'll have to figure out what will work.

I can't recommend 67 Designs' stuff enough, it works great and is much less bulky than Ram, but the big win is how solid everything is mounted compared to the Ram stuff.

Reactions: thewams

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
well looks like the android auto update patched out odb2AA from working. so i guess plan b is get a phone mount and just leave torque up
Dang, that sucks. I see what you mean, that's a bummer.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Gotta love Google.
My next phone is going to run lineageOS. Vendor lockins ******* suck ass

Dang, that sucks. I see what you mean, that's a bummer.

Yeah i knew that i was close to a regen and went to check it and when it connects odb2aa would flash and then when you go into the menu the icon is gone. I was at 99.6% soot load so i went on a drive for cigars and finished my regen no issues. I think im going to get a phone mount and like epoxy it to my dash. also open for recommendations because that is a pretty dumb idea

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
My next phone is going to run lineageOS. Vendor lockins *** suck ass

Yeah i knew that i was close to a regen and went to check it and when it connects odb2aa would flash and then when you go into the menu the icon is gone. I was at 99.6% soot load so i went on a drive for cigars and finished my regen no issues. I think im going to get a phone mount and like epoxy it to my dash. also open for recommendations because that is a pretty dumb idea
I like my mount... Phone locks in and can be removed with one hand. And I can mount other stuff.

Expedition Essentials CPAM + 67 Designs ball, arm, and mount.

Reactions: Snipesy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've read through this thread and several others looking for an OBDII App based solution (preferably iOS) that will monitor Injector Balance Rates, fuel rate, DEF and DPF values like Regen status, Soot %, EGR Temps, etc. on my 2016 Colorado CCLB. I'm looking for a solution that will be a permanent feature in my vehicle using an older iPad, but would be willing to purchase an inexpensive Android tablet if necessary.

I've been testing ODB Fusion on my iPhone and Torque Pro on an old Google Pixel phone and have created custom PIDs using information found here. Neither of these two solutions gives me everything I want in one App, but between the two, I believe I can. I really don't want to use two different platforms. Today, I found an App called Car Scanner in the App Store. It appears to contain all the PIDs I'm looking for, but until I actually test it, who knows if it truly has the GM specific PIDs for our trucks. The developer provides pretty detailed information and recommendations regarding the type of Blue Tooth ODBII scanner that must be compatible with iOS and all I have a Veepeak Wi-Fi scan tool. Before I go spend $60 to $120 on a new blue tooth scan tool and invest a bunch of more time testing another App, I'm wondering if anybody has tried the Car Scanner iOS app and if so, how did it work?

I also want to thank the folks in this thread that have contributed a lot of valuable information which has help educate me in an area I had no knowledge of at all beyond Check Engine Light reading! Truly appreciated!

David

·
Registered
2022 Colorado ZR2 Bison
3 Posts
Well... Got my first "documented" Regen.
Started Regen right after I started moving after sitting for an hour. Regen took roughly 20 minutes over 20 miles. If anyone wants the log file I can email it to you. Fuel economy dropped a little but not that much, maybe a 1-2 mpgs overall.

EGTs got to 1210* on sensor 14 but remained over 1100 most of the trip, even as the others cooled.

DEF level never dropped, I checked the PID numbers and all looks correct. Dunno?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What reader are you using to secure this data.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi guys! i just bought a 2019 ZR2 with the minimax and am wanting to be able to view the different engine parameters as discussed in this thread. I have an OBDlink MX+ and a 8.4" android tablet on the way. I want to use obd fusion on it. i have taken note of the different "gauges" for the diesel that i'd like to have shown on the dashboard of the tablet, so i'm hoping it will go well when i attempt to do it. I did notice pages back that a guy asked if there was a PID to be able to see when the torque converter is locked up or not which i think would be helpful also. I do wonder though, do you guys just leave the tablet in the truck 24/7 even in extreme heat/cold temps? Have you had any trouble with the temp extremes shortening the life of the device? I'd use it plugged in the whole time. Also, do the built in usb ports shut off when the truck is shut off or would i need to unplug it when not in use? I am sure I will have more questions as i get into it in a few days. This is an awesome thread with lots of good info!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the fans of Edge Insight, the CTS 3 is out.

I have been watching this youtube for a while now he has some good Colorado content.

The Edge CTS 3 can read EGT after the turbo as well as down the exhaust path.

I'm definitely interested in getting one of these for the amount of monitoring it can do as well as a clean display.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Pretty sure those were the same wankers that pushed out an update that broke all functionality for the 2.8 on a previous model and told their customers to eat shiit when they complained about it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Pretty sure those were the same wankers that pushed out an update that broke all functionality for the 2.8 on a previous model and told their customers to eat shiit when they complained about it.
Damn that sucks, perhaps they've changed for the better?

I just came across this thread while searching for monitoring systems.

Any idea how long ago that was? I only see mentions of the CTS1 and 2 in here.

Oof lots of unhappy reviews in here too...

·
Registered
21 AT4 CCSB Desert Sand Mini Max
156 Posts
Banks i-Dash for me, it monitors so much.
I just ordered a banks from Summit. I like it even more when I discovered it can be used in ANY vehicle newer than 2008. I can see having it around forever....or until they ban internal combustion engines.

481 - 500 of 507 Posts