Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

401 - 418 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I found that the Banks idash 1.8 Data monster & Supergauge is avail for 2018's but nothing I saw was for 2019's. If the plug is the same, not sure why it wouldn't work though. I for 1 really like the idea to monitor what you want.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I found that the Banks idash 1.8 Data monster & Supergauge is avail for 2018's but nothing I saw was for 2019's. If the plug is the same, not sure why it wouldn't work though. I for 1 really like the idea to monitor what you want.
It will work 100%

I'm running one on my 16 and I love it

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does anyone know any company that makes a pillar mount specifically for the twins?
I've looked and haven't found anything. I would love a duel to put two idash monitors in there.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Does anyone know any company that makes a pillar mount specifically for the twins?
I've looked and haven't found anything. I would love a duel to put two idash monitors in there.
Ortiz custom pods make a triple gauge pillar. And a dual gauge cluster bezel

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Thanks I did see that one and that's the only one I have seen specifically for 2nd gen. I just wanted a duel but mybe beggers can't be choosers sometimes...
Ortiz will do a dual pod if you request it. Gotta color match the pillar, though, it comes black.

·
Registered
5 Posts
For those who have the Banks iDash Data Monster, which setup did you order? On the Banks website, there are several options asking if you have a banks tune, aftermarket ECU, or “just plug it in”.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What does the "regen type" show? Are there different types of regen on the 2.8s?
There are only 2 types of regen that I know of, Passive( happens when DPF temps get hot enough to clean soot without any dosing of diesel from 5th injector. This happens only when towing or climbing a steep grade long enough for DPF to get that hot).
The other is Active regen , this, as you know, is when dosing of fuel is added to exhaust, creating 1100-1200 degree temps to burn soot blah blah blah.
The PID you are asking about 'Regen type' , is not being read on the 2.8l. Possibly for other manufacturer, or more involved scanner to be able to read, not sure. The PIDs I ended up monitoring on screen are EGT 5 (DPF outlet), EGT 1 ( turbo/ manifold), Soot level, Boost, Oil temp, coolant temp.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
The PIDs I ended up monitoring on screen are EGT 5 (DPF outlet), EGT 1 ( turbo/ manifold), Soot level, Boost, Oil temp, coolant temp.
Thanks for the regen type explanation.

How do you monitor soot?

Also, I've noticed these monitors don't seem to have the option of monitoring transmission temps. Odd given you can do that through the display.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Thanks for the regen type explanation.

How do you monitor soot?

Also, I've noticed these monitors don't seem to have the option of monitoring transmission temps. Odd given you can do that through the display.
There’s a PID that displays DPF soot load %, when it gets to 100% then it kicks off a regen.

I also monitor trans temp with my ScanGauge II so if you can’t monitor it then that would be a limitation in the tool or software being used and not a lack of data availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

1. There’s a PID that displays DPF soot load %, when it gets to 100% then it kicks off a regen.

I also monitor trans temp with my ScanGauge II so if you can’t monitor it then that would be a limitation in the tool or software being used and not a lack of data availability.

Correct. I think the pid for soot load is normalized trigger for regen.
I just use the DIC for trans temp as it is digital and not an analog guage like coolant temp.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts

1. Correct. I think the pid for soot load is normalized trigger for regen.
I just use the DIC for trans temp as it is digital and not an analog guage like coolant temp.
Don’t rely on the coolant temp gauge, it’s a dummy gauge with the diesel. It’s programmed to move and display a specific temp as long as the actual engine temp is “normal.” It’s not actually displaying anywhere close to the actual coolant temp, though.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Don’t rely on the coolant temp gauge, it’s a dummy gauge with the diesel. It’s programmed to move and display a specific temp as long as the actual engine temp is “normal.” It’s not actually displaying anywhere close to the actual coolant temp, though.

Indeed, I monitor Engine oil temp , as well as coolant via scanner when towing.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Indeed, I monitor Engine oil temp , as well as coolant via scanner when towing.
I monitor it more than I need to because I find it interesting. For example, after driving about 1.2 miles from my house the coolant is up to about 135 in 40 degree weather. Then I go down a hill that is a mile long. The coolant actually goes down to about 130 going down the hill, probably because it's using little or no fuel and the heater is sucking out BTUs. So that portion of the drive does little to aid warm-up. Fortunately I have about another 1.5 miles of flat before getting to a freeway on-ramp.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Well there is also the mobile regen and a stationary regen.
AFAIK, a service regen requires the GM scantool to initiate. The standard active regen requires the truck to be driven, if the active regen starts and you let it idle in neutral then the EGTs will drop too much and the regen will suspend until the truck is driven again and EGTs can be brought back up. There's no need to monitor for a forced service regen while parked as that is something that will never happen on its own.

401 - 418 of 418 Posts