Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Go to the DIC and scroll to the oil pressure page... Why would you need a display when chevy gave you one stock... Trans PIDs may be specific to gm therefore not going to be shown in a generic scan tool. Must have gm specific PIDs to display a lot of stuff...

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
He may need to enable that screen in the options. Mine wasn't enabled when I bought my truck.

As for why the display... my Torque displays all of that info that I want on one screen, rather than scrolling through several. It would be ideal if GM let you have one screen to add sensor data to, but since they don't, Torque and OBDFusion show that info altogether immediately available, which is what I want.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Picked Fusion because it was the more popular app for iPhone as there is no Torque for iPhone :wink2:
I actually have both, and usually use Torque exclusively, but Fusion is slowly growing on me, due to the difficulty of finding the specific sensors I want in the plethora of Torque sensor options.

Edit: Chkn, how'd you get the trans temp in your gauge setup? Custom PID or is it in the supplied ones?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Happy with the current setup, mostly. I think some injector info might be helpful to add, or based on Gale B's recent video, adding MAD instead of Boost.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thunderbear:

What programmer are you using to get that display on your infotainment?

It's a pass-through Android 4.4.4 interface. The Android is somewhat limited, but I only use it for OBDFusion and the front camera setup anyway.

https://carperformance.se/product/colorado-2015-2018-android-extension/

S10, some tips on those gauges, man.

Get rid of the boost needle so you can read the number, lose the regen minutes and use the Regen miles counter and soot percentage. And you can edit the title of each gauge to shorten them and get rid of all caps, as well as move the placement up and down. I'd lose the regen 1/0 text altogether and increase the size of the number relative to the gauge, same with DEF. Lose "fluid" and increase the number size.

It looks like you're changing some of the bezels to black, which is good, but reduce the size to 0, and it will go away. Change the background to black and the gauge face will float on the black background. Play with the axis, increasing the dot and dash sizes on the analog gauge arcs, and the text size. Shorten the gauge titles, swap the needles for ranges, and increase the size of the text, like Oil Temp/ Trans Temp. Swap the needle display for a range for certain gauges. Tach is a good one to keep the needle. Dampen the red background for the boost gauge. My EGT, Fuel Rate, and Battery are red because I want them highlighted to stand out. Everything else is either black or grey. Vary the gauge types from digital to analog and play with sizing, that will let you fit a lot more on one screen. If you're using a phone, real estate space is limited.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
BiScan for GM on the Play Store will let you perform a service regen. That and a few other PIDs that aren't available on Tq or OBDf. That's not a whole hell of a lot for a 30 dollar app, though. Also the service regen is more involved than just tripping the regen status from 0 to 1, it's a longer process. Wouldn't make a service regen capability determine your OBD app.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Can the service / normal regen be triggered with the app while driving?

I've often wanted to trigger it when I am still a ways from home on longer drives, so I don't stink up my garage by parking with an active regen in progress

As far as I read, no, you have to be at home, and there are some parameters you have to enter manually before performing the service regen. I didn't end up buying it, so @hACKman is probably the one to ask, since he has more experience.

I don't think that's the right thread?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I have my guys use this tool regularly

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

So despite the engrish-ass popup menu window, it actually does initiate an immediate regen cycle, regardless of the 3 DPF regen triggers status?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
I am finally deleted and in doing so I obviously removed all of the downstream EGTs. I started monitoring pre-delete with Torque Pro and really liked it because of the options it gives for turning radios on/off to conserve tablet power when the truck is off and not charging the tablet. I never had to worry about the tablet dying, I would just turn the screen back on and Torque would unsleep and go to work.

Now that the downstream EGTs are gone I need to rely on the EGR sensor in the manifold for my EGTs, which is not available through Torque Pro but is through OBD Fusion. I downloaded OBD Fusion and got it set up with my gauges. The tablet was at 100% when I left for work and when I got to my truck to go home it was too dead to turn on.

Does OBD Fusion have similar power saver settings to Torque Pro that I am overlooking?
Is there a way to add a PID for Torque Pro for the EGRCTS1 so I can go back to monitoring with Torque?

Also, I cannot gear "Gear" to work on either app. It always shows 0. What is everyone using for this?

Eng: Gear
Min:0
Max:6
Scale:1
Offset:0
Module/header:7e2
Mode:22
PID:199A
Priority:High
Equation:A

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Why doesn't the website show anything above a 2012 and no D-Max engine for the Colorado? I tried loading my vehicle info and there are no options for it ('18, 2.8L). What am I missing?
Because they suck. They released an initial functioning 2.8L CTS2, then they broke it with an update, refused to fix it, and pulled the product altogether.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks I did see that one and that's the only one I have seen specifically for 2nd gen. I just wanted a duel but mybe beggers can't be choosers sometimes...
Ortiz will do a dual pod if you request it. Gotta color match the pillar, though, it comes black.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts