Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 418 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So one thing I miss off my old 6.6 is the boost and EGT gauge. Obviously our engine is much more advance, I imagine the computer on the truck has all the information we could possibly want, thing is how to get it displayed.

Anyone thinking off or already looking for a way to display more engine data?

Any thoughts or experience with the IltraGauge product?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Try the Edge CTS monitor. It isn't a programmer so it can't void your warranty. It will be able to display most of the PIDs available thru the OBD port.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking more like a permanent display I can install that would show things like EGT, Boost pressure, etc. The Edge looks like it would do that but their site does not list the Colorado as an option, also it retails for $500. I guess is too soon for anything to come up. I am sure once the tuner start releasing product something will show.

I could install a mechanical boost gauge and a pyro on the exhaust, but I am thinking all this info is already in the computer is just a matter of getting it out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am really curious about exhaust gas temperature as well. I didn't see it listes as part of the ultra gauge standard telemetry points but mx model says it supports some special sensors, not sure if that's one of them.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
The Edge Insight CS2 and CTS2 will work on any vehicle 1996 and newer, which has an OBDII port.

I don't know if it will read EGTs on a mini-Dmax through the OBDII port, since I have no idea if the ECM monitors that parameter or not.

On a 6.6 Dmax, owners install the Edge EGT probe, which requires drilling in the exhaust manifold.

I have a new in the box CTS2 for $375.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
The Edge Insight CS2 and CTS2 will work on any vehicle 1996 and newer, which has an OBDII port.

I don't know if it will read EGTs on a mini-Dmax through the OBDII port, since I have no idea if the ECM monitors that parameter or not.

On a 6.6 Dmax, owners install the Edge EGT probe, which requires drilling in the exhaust manifold.

I was having trouble distinguishing between the 2 since Edge's site sucks.

It looks like they basically have the CS2 and CTS2 and like 1 other but they list each one for every vehicle applicable??? rather than list the monitors and have an "application selector" drop down on each product page....3 pages rather than like 60, lol

Sounds like your familiar with them? Would you know the difference between the CS2 and CTS2?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sounds like your familiar with them? Would you know the difference between the CS2 and CTS2?
CS2 has buttons, and a small screen.

CTS2 is a touchscreen, and the entire unit is "screen"

The CTS2 can be used as a backup camera monitor.

Hopefully Edge will get on the bandwagon and make a dash pod for the Canyon/Colorado.

The CS2 and CTS2 are shipped with a window suction cup mount.

The CTS2 might be a little big for usage in a small truck - it might block too much view.

I run a CTS2 in my 2006 2500HD, in a dash pod. I also have a backup camera connected to it. The camera makes it a breeze to hitch up to a trailer.

·
Super Moderator
5,044 Posts
CS2 has buttons, and a small screen.

CTS2 is a touchscreen, and the entire unit is "screen"

The CTS2 can be used as a backup camera monitor.

Hopefully Edge will get on the bandwagon and make a dash pod for the Canyon/Colorado.

The CS2 and CTS2 are shipped with a window suction cup mount.

The CTS2 might be a little big for usage in a small truck - it might block too much view.

I run a CTS2 in my 2006 2500HD, in a dash pod. I also have a backup camera connected to it. The camera makes it a breeze to hitch up to a trailer.
So other than how size, buttons vs touchscreen and the backup camera option, they provide the same functionality as far as engine monitors and control?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I did look into this a few month ago. I don't believe EGT's are monitored on these trucks. You'll have to add a pyrometer supported by the electronic gauge provider.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I did look into this a few month ago. I don't believe EGT's are monitored on these trucks. You'll have to add a pyrometer supported by the electronic gauge provider.
I was thinking it might be a monitored parameter because of the exhaust filter regen business and to determine if a "passive" regeneration has taken place.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Some on another topic here said they notice the regen was happening because they notice the EGT going up. This guys has an ODBII to Buetooth adapter and an app for the android called Torque.

I just purchased an adapter on Amazon and downloaded the app. Will try this out and see how it goes.

I have an older 7" tablet I am not using so if I can make it mount and look good this may become my monitor console.

·
Registered
244 Posts

I talked to Edge Tech support, their CTS2 is not ready for the 2.8L Duramax yet. They are doing the development work now and probably will be available in a couple of months.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was thinking it might be a monitored parameter because of the exhaust filter regen business and to determine if a "passive" regeneration has taken place.
EGTs are indeed monitored by the truck as it necessary to decide when to start DPF Regen. There are actually two OEM egt probes... See my other post

Some on another topic here said they notice the regen was happening because they notice the EGT going up. This guys has an ODBII to Buetooth adapter and an app for the android called Torque.

I just purchased an adapter on Amazon and downloaded the app. Will try this out and see how it goes.

I have an older 7" tablet I am not using so if I can make it mount and look good this may become my monitor console.
That was me :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Do any of the android apps have the functionality to make the diesel do a manual emissions burn?
As far as I know these android apps are read only, all they can do is display information and read error codes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Has anyone actually got the Torque app to work on the 2.8 dmax? I just tried to get mine to connect and couldn't. I've never had any problems connecting to any other vehicle until now.

1 - 20 of 418 Posts