Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone still have problems after having a misfire code and head replaced??? What kind of problems and how was it remedied?

Dealer isn't able to "duplicate" my problems...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The cylinder head, pcm, and the #4 injector were all replaced and my truck still misfires. The dealership seems unwilling to work on my truck. The service manager said that misfires are normal, but I disagree. The warranty is up on my truck, and I have to pay for the rental now. I think I might trade the truck in for something else to get rid of the headache this truck has been.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
reddiver said:
The cylinder head, pcm, and the #4 injector were all replaced and my truck still misfires. The dealership seems unwilling to work on my truck. The service manager said that misfires are normal, but I disagree. The warranty is up on my truck, and I have to pay for the rental now. I think I might trade the truck in for something else to get rid of the headache this truck has been.
PCM... computer? You still get the same misfire code? What led up to the misfire... did you get a coolant leak? I get hesitation, lack of power, surging, catalytic smell--same stuff as before. Cylinder head was replaced under warranty but now they don't seem to be able to duplicate any of the problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
the misfire is happens a idle the truck will run rough, the idle will will drop to 500 rpms and then up to 1000 rpms, back and forth several times. The truck never had a coolant leak, a cylinder leakdown test found that there was excessive leakdown on two of the cylinders. GM had problems with hardening the valve seats,the head is aluminum and the valve seats are steel that is presssed into place. I have had no hesitation or lack of power.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reddiver said:
the misfire is happens a idle the truck will run rough, the idle will will drop to 500 rpms and then up to 1000 rpms, back and forth several times. The truck never had a coolant leak, a cylinder leakdown test found that there was excessive leakdown on two of the cylinders. GM had problems with hardening the valve seats,the head is aluminum and the valve seats are steel that is presssed into place. I have had no hesitation or lack of power.
hmmm sounds like my issue... called chevy c/s and got no where... :evil:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts