Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I'm shopping for a new colorado. I currently drive a Denali 2500hd (lifted) and I'm looking for a change. I can't for the life of me decide between the two colours. Anyone have good pics to show difference? Any online resources you know of where I can see a clear comparison? Part of what I dislike about my current truck is it's black and difficult to keep clean and also shows paint defects from rock and mud. I'm really thinking about spending a bunch of 3m paint coverings to help with that. Anyways if anyone has some input that would be great thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm color blind, so thankfully took my wife to look at the colors before buying. She informed me that the Graphite Metallic is actually a green/blue color, not a gray. So if like me you're thinking they're just two different grays, they aren't.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When we were shopping for my Colorado earlier this year, my wife and I were drawn to the Graphite Metallic as a first choice, then Laser Blue Metallic and third choice of Cyber Gray Metallic.

I purchased a Laser Blue truck and very happy with the color. In bright sunlight, there's a bit of purple that pops out of the metal flake.

Reactions: JBT

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
LOL! If you buy a truck the color of street macadam no one can see you anyhow. And they will show dirt but who cares? Your truck is the color of the dirty street. No one will see you without a bunch of shiny chrome! Stealth. Just joking, I had a grey truck and would get cut off by everybody especially on rainy cloudy days. The new "Red Hot" colored truck fixed that problem. Actually, it's my second red truck. I liked the first one so much and they don't show dirt. Ask @RatRacer, he knows. :laugh:

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm color blind, so thankfully took my wife to look at the colors before buying. She informed me that the Graphite Metallic is actually a green/blue color, not a gray. So if like me you're thinking they're just two different grays, they aren't.
I'm color blind as well so I'm probably having troubles seeing the true difference. I think my wife and I will go in and look at some canyons they have in stock to get a real true look

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
I'm color blind as well so I'm probably having troubles seeing the true difference. I think my wife and I will go in and look at some canyons they have in stock to get a real true look
They are close. I compared my wife's Cyber gray truck next to the Graphite at the dealership.
The color has more metallic in the paint, and takes on a blue/green iridescent grey look in sunlight. In the shade, it takes on a dark silver grey/black look. The Cyber grey just looks dark grey.

Reactions: KY Red Rock

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
When we were shopping for my Colorado earlier this year, my wife and I were drawn to the Graphite Metallic as a first choice, then Laser Blue Metallic and third choice of Cyber Gray Metallic.

I purchased a Laser Blue truck and very happy with the color. In bright sunlight, there's a bit of purple that pops out of the metal flake.
Yeah, we like to call that color "Burple" here. I think it's a great color. I always loved blue trucks.

Reactions: RatRacer

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Lol!
I invite you to step into my Garage

I'm color blind as well so I'm probably having troubles seeing the true difference.
The new "Red Hot" colored truck fixed that problem. Actually, it's my second red truck. I liked the first one so much and they don't show dirt. Ask @RatRacer, he knows. :laugh:

Reactions: JBT

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
They are close. I compared my wife's Cyber gray truck next to the Graphite at the dealership.
The color has more metallic in the paint, and takes on a blue/green iridescent grey look in sunlight. In the shade, it takes on a dark silver grey/black look. The Cyber grey just looks dark grey.
Are you sure you didn't get those switched? The Cyber Gray is a blue/green grey to me and the Graphite is a dark smoke grey metallic.:grin2:

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Are you sure you didn't get those switched? The Cyber Gray is a blue/green grey to me and the Graphite is a dark smoke grey metallic.:grin2:
I would totally agree with him. I was set on the Cyber Gray originally, and it was most definitely a pure dark gray metallic. When I picked up my ZR2 there were several Cyber Gray and Graphite Metallic trucks there, and the gray is definitely gray. The Graphite was a cool color.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,236 Posts
I'm sure they both get dark grey in the shade. I haven't seen the new grey color yet. Like the color of street macadam. Watch out, lol

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
Ok. . . we looked at both the Cyber Gray and Graphite before ordering our 2017 Colorado. My wife is a color expert in that she has taught both art and interior design. Her color eye is unsurpassed. According to color schemes paint makers use, Gray can have added color to tint or change the basic gray color using blues, green, browns, red, and even yellow. The resulting color and metallic elements will also alter it's appearance.

By her description, and I agree, the Graphite is a green toned Gray whereas the Cyber Gray is a slight deep blue (almost purple) toned Gray.

We still have our 2010 Colorado LT in the family and it is a Steel Green Metallic which is pretty close to the Graphite.

Cyber Gray is definitely more pure gray then the Graphite, but Cyber Gray shows more purple/blue highlights especially in bright sun when viewed from a short distance. On overcast days it looks just gray whereas Graphite shows up with a slight off green shade to the gray.

Wife is [email protected]@king over my shoulder as I write this . . . . so . . . :wink2:

Any preference a person has is purely subjective.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok. . . we looked at both the Cyber Gray and Graphite before ordering our 2017 Colorado. My wife is a color expert in that she has taught both art and interior design. Her color eye is unsurpassed. According to color schemes paint makers use, Gray can have added color to tint or change the basic gray color using blues, green, browns, red, and even yellow. The resulting color and metallic elements will also alter it's appearance.

By her description, and I agree, the Graphite is a green toned Gray whereas the Cyber Gray is a slight deep blue (almost purple) toned Gray.

We still have our 2010 Colorado LT in the family and it is a Steel Green Metallic which is pretty close to the Graphite.

Cyber Gray is definitely more pure gray then the Graphite, but Cyber Gray shows more purple/blue highlights especially in bright sun when viewed from a short distance. On overcast days it looks just gray whereas Graphite shows up with a slight off green shade to the gray.

Wife is [email protected]@king over my shoulder as I write this . . . . so . . . :wink2:

Any preference a person has is purely subjective.
I think you just cured my colorblindness :surprise:

·
Registered
458 Posts
^^This^^ I love how it changes.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I am flipping back and forth on it non stop. Driving me crazy. Hopefully when I get a chance to see the trucks in the lot it will make an easy decision for me one way or the other.

Well, you'd better make up your mind because the Cyber Gray Metallic is discontinued for 2018 so if you want that color, you'll have to buy a 2017..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.