Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Colorado LT, 2 inch RC level, Bison Grill
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first experiences with them were absolutely outstanding. The guy was knowledgeable, polite, helpful etc. Ordered my Icon Rebounds and tires. They're on back order 4-8 weeks. As I'm watching the news over the past couple weeks about the supply chain, I'm coming to the realization that these wheels may NEVER get here before the year is out. So I call Custom Offsets and ask if I can swap to another wheel that is 117.00 more expensive for the set of 4 than the Icons. She says no...it'll be a 273.00 difference. She couldn't explain why the Icons on my order were discounted so low...but still would not discount the new wheels (Method) to that price. THEN,....the kicker is, even if the Icon wheels take until the year 2022 to get, I can't cancel my order EVER without a 250.00 cancellation fee. WTF? Still trying to get out of this deal. $&#^! business model to say the least.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
So I kinda see both sides here....She was gonna let you switch, but you didnt want to pay the price that they quoted you....Why they were discounted no one knows, but doesnt mean your other choice of wheels should be the same...So you can pay the difference or wait.....

Now as for the cancellation fee.....thats kinda a toss up, I would think they would do something for you since the wheels are on back order(after the 8 weeks)....but I would think since you were told when you placed the order you gotta take a little bit of the blame...

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
198 Posts
My first experiences with them were absolutely outstanding. The guy was knowledgeable, polite, helpful etc. Ordered my Icon Rebounds and tires. They're on back order 4-8 weeks. As I'm watching the news over the past couple weeks about the supply chain, I'm coming to the realization that these wheels may NEVER get here before the year is out. So I call Custom Offsets and ask if I can swap to another wheel that is 117.00 more expensive for the set of 4 than the Icons. She says no...it'll be a 273.00 difference. She couldn't explain why the Icons on my order were discounted so low...but still would not discount the new wheels (Method) to that price. THEN,....the kicker is, even if the Icon wheels take until the year 2022 to get, I can't cancel my order EVER without a 250.00 cancellation fee. WTF? Still trying to get out of this deal. $&#^! business model to say the least.
Do you realize that the fee charged to merchants for using credit cards increases as the price increases? This includes a fee for cancelling the transaction and refunding your card. Why should they chew this fee?

Either pay the difference for the wheels that are in stock, or wait for the wheels that you ordered.

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you got the 4-8 week window in writing, going beyond without delivery should be enough for your cc company to void the trans. for breach.

·
Registered
2021 Black \/6 4WD Z71 Crew Cab Short Box
1,818 Posts
Yeah I agree with the above suggestion, wait until you’re past the quoted time frame and then cancel the order. If they don’t cancel it then contact your card provider to cancel payment. They don’t just cancel it on your word they look into it a little and decide if they’re gonna cancel or not.

Reactions: Firehk

·
Registered
2018 Colorado LT, 2 inch RC level, Bison Grill
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Coincidentally enough they just called and said Icon called them and they've been shipped from the loading docks. Should be in their hands tomorrow or Monday and once mounted etc. they give me a tracking number. Seems too coincidental to me....hmmm. If true, I'll be a happy man.

·
Registered
2018 GMC Canyon ECLB 4X4 SLE
25 Posts
I certainly understand the frustration, but from the perspective of the owner of a retail store (sporting goods), I'll offer this up. Supply chain is screwed, we all know that. One of my vendors that I deal with regularly is the biggest in their industry. A lot of pretty standard, must-have items have been on backorder for over a year. This vendor provides an ETA date for anything that the truly expect to see again, but I have noticed these dates keep getting pushed back. At this point in time, distributors and retailers are at the mercy of the supply chain. That said, as a retailer I would have tried harder to come up with an agreeable solution, but I have the advantage that if a customer comes in to my shop, they deal with me, the decision maker, not an employee who doesn't have the authority to cut a deal to make the customer happy.

Just my two cents after a year and a half of supply chain issues.

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Midnight Edition
100 Posts
My guess is that the price was lower when you made the order because they didn't realize supply was so tight. Now, everyone realizes that pretty much everything is more difficult to get so prices are going up.

Glad they got the wheels for you. My guess is it was a happy coincidence. My work leaves us at the mercy of shipping times from vendors all too often.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I certainly understand the frustration, but from the perspective of the owner of a retail store (sporting goods), I'll offer this up. Supply chain is screwed, we all know that. One of my vendors that I deal with regularly is the biggest in their industry. A lot of pretty standard, must-have items have been on backorder for over a year. This vendor provides an ETA date for anything that the truly expect to see again, but I have noticed these dates keep getting pushed back. At this point in time, distributors and retailers are at the mercy of the supply chain. That said, as a retailer I would have tried harder to come up with an agreeable solution, but I have the advantage that if a customer comes in to my shop, they deal with me, the decision maker, not an employee who doesn't have the authority to cut a deal to make the customer happy.

Just my two cents after a year and a half of supply chain issues.
Now that’s customer service. I ordered some Rancho shocks back in August. It’s now mid October and I have not received them because of they supply chain. What I don’t like about online shops, is that most of them are drop shippers. If it says in stock and 2 week shipping, ship it out or say something that it will be longer delivery. Why lie trying to make a quick buck or two?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I read that a lot ofvthe supply problem is that there are not enough workers to off load the ships. There are slmething like 70 cargo ships at one port waiting to be unloaded.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd call them up and tell them that you want to cancel your order because they misrepresented the amount of time that you would have to wait for the backorder and you cannot wait more than 8 weeks. Tell them that you're even willing to stretch it to 10 weeks to try to be reasonable. But if they can't deliver the wheels in 10 weeks (from the date of your order) that you'll consider it a breach of contract and you'll do a charge back through your credit card company. If you want to be nice in light of supply chain issues, you could offer to pay a $15 (or whatever number you pick) cancellation fee. But there's no way I'd pay $250 because THEY breached the contract. And it's unreasonable to ask you to wait. This isn't a new track suit, it's wheels for your daily driver. For all they know, you're house-bound until you get wheels and tires.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
I'd call them up and tell them that you want to cancel your order because they misrepresented the amount of time that you would have to wait for the backorder and you cannot wait more than 8 weeks. Tell them that you're even willing to stretch it to 10 weeks to try to be reasonable. But if they can't deliver the wheels in 10 weeks (from the date of your order) that you'll consider it a breach of contract and you'll do a charge back through your credit card company. If you want to be nice in light of supply chain issues, you could offer to pay a $15 (or whatever number you pick) cancellation fee. But there's no way I'd pay $250 because THEY breached the contract. And it's unreasonable to ask you to wait. This isn't a new track suit, it's wheels for your daily driver. For all they know, you're house-bound until you get wheels and tires.
Should read the whole thread before replying. :D

Reactions: Hunter62

·
Registered
5,649 Posts

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
Sounds like Custom offsets did some checking for the OP and they were on the dock.
everyday an item is sitting on a ship, transportation cost go up, as that ship and crew are not free..

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like Custom offsets did some checking for the OP and they were on the dock.
everyday an item is sitting on a ship, transportation cost go up, as that ship and crew are not free..
So why in the world would they hold him to his order that locked in a price? They'd be better off to let him cancel his order and sell it at a higher price to the next person interested. When you click "buy" on a website, you're essentially accepting a contract to purchase something for a set price.

·
Registered
7,265 Posts
So why in the world would they hold him to his order that locked in a price? They'd be better off to let him cancel his order and sell it at a higher price to the next person interested. When you click "buy" on a website, you're essentially accepting a contract to purchase something for a set price.
you need to ask them or the OP, as I was not on the phone call...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts