Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the retards who put my speakers in didnt use the crossover. today i noticed the highs werent coming out of the tweeter. i popped the door panel off and the wire came undo from the back of the tweeter i think they are still under warranty.

·
Registered
639 Posts
If the component set has an external crossover that came with it then there is no reason that it shouldn't be installed. If not installed the system will not sound as good and it generally will have a higher chance of blowing since the tweeter and midrange are playing frequencies that they are not designed for. I would definitely take it back and ask them what exactly they were thinking.

·
Registered
11,112 Posts
If it was supposed to come with a crossover I would go back and make them do it for free. Since it should be there in the first place.

Just remember not all component sets come with the crossover. Check which set they got for you and if it did include the crossover make them do it.

Then never go back to them again after they fix it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah I'm with Dillusion. At least go back there and make them give you the crossover if it was supposed to come with one. If you don't want them to touch your truck I understand though. Are you sure they didn't mount the crossover somewhere else in the door panel? Have you traced the wiring any?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Something doesn't sound right here. :?

·
Registered
545 Posts
what speakers did you get? perhaps, you have stock tweets and just upgraded the woofer? in which case you don't have a crossover unless you specifically purchased one. just curious

if they installed a set of comps and left the crossover out, thats pretty sketchy.

perhaps the crossover is located somewhere other than the door? possible....

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got infinity kappa and i know they didnt install the crossovers because i still have them in the box. i bought them from crutchfield and had them install them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Wow...that is absolutely ridiculous. I can't believe any shop would do that. That is some seriously shady stuff going on. Sorry if it sounded like we doubted you earlier. I guess it was just really hard to believe that something like that would happen. Yeah I definitely wouldn't ever let them touch my vehicle again.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no biggie but another thing is instead of using the brackets to mount the speakers they drilled straight into the sheet metal on the inside of the door, didnt connect thing right,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts