Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a '04 Colorado Crew Cab. GM offers an "Underseat Storage" system for Crew Cabs (Part 17803485), but is listed for only '07 & '08s. Does anyone know if this storage system will fit under the reat seat of an '04, or if there are any differences between the '04 and '07/08 in terms of the rear seat? On the '04 the jack is stored under the seat, could this be different?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Where did you find the part number and info. I cant come up with anything online. Also, how would we access the cargo box since the bottom of the seat doesnt flip up. I know the extended cab has underseat storage.

I dont think there's any difference between my 06 and an 07 I looked at. My jack is under the drivers side of the rear seat too. I think that the 04-06 are the same. It could be that the 07 and 08s have some sort of mounting hardware underneath the carpet for this optional kit to mount to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found it though the dealer website. http://www.hudsonpontiac.com Under Service & Parts click on GM Accessories. Click on the Chevy emblem and then fill out the info for a 07 or 08 Colorado Crew Cab. Select the tab for Cargo Management and scroll down, it's at the bottom.

For some reason I can't get this info from the Chevy website.

·
Registered
401 Posts
That looks pretty cool, $140 seems a little high though. I havent seen that anywhere else, maybe its brand new? It must slide out from under the seat to access the cargo.

·
Registered
85 Posts
i asked my dealer parts guy on this when trying to figure out which accessories to order for my truck. He hadn't seen one, but could order one for "display" and has done that so I can decide if I want it. I'll post pix when it comes in.

·
Registered
276 Posts
VTCanyon06 said:
That looks pretty cool, $140 seems a little high though. I havent seen that anywhere else, maybe its brand new? It must slide out from under the seat to access the cargo.
kinda looks like you just push down the mesh and stuff things in, dont know for sure. You are right $140 is too much.

·
Registered
401 Posts

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Should fit the 04-06 with no problems other than relocating the jack.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Wrayzor's idea of the jack is probably why they dont list it for 04-06. They dont want people unbolting their jacks from under the seat and having them move around the cab of the truck.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
you could probobly build yourself a simple under seat storage box like that for like 20 bucks at home depot

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was at the Ft. Lauderdale Car Show today and they had an 08 Colorado Crew Cab there and it looked like the jack was in the sa,\me place as my 05.

Also Took a few picS of cars while there

Went today and took a few pics
Saw ZR1
Bumble Bee
Challenger R/T (Not a bad looking car)
Pontiac G8

Interesting information on 5th Gen. Guy doing the talk up mentioned that there will be a V6 and a V8 but that he did not know which versions. He mentioned that a V8 will be a DOD version that will exceed 30 mpg Highway. He also made particular mention of 20" front and 22" Rear tires , but he might have been pointing out the tires that were on the display car.He also msade note of the gill openings by the rear tires.

Any way here are some pics
#1 ZR1 Front

#2 ZR1 Rear

#3 ZR1 Rim

#4 ZR1 Badge

#5 R/T Challenger Side

#6 R/T Rear

#7 R/T Nose

#8 5th Gen side

#9 5th Gen Rear

and last but not least! The GM Warranty according to Dodge! (?)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ordered the underseat storage from gmpartsdirect.
Received in three days via FedEx.
Easy to install in my 08 Canyon Crew Cab.
Remove the seat holddown nuts, mount 2 brackets and replace the holddown nuts.
The brackets have a flange with a thumb wheel to tighten.
The unit contains two storage bins, one on each side of the jack.
One bin is about 8 inches wide, the other about 12 inches wide, both about 14 inches deep.
To store an item you just pull the elastic mesh down and insert.
It should keep items from moving around.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
can you give us some pics?

·
Registered
324 Posts
PIX peeze!!! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
That could seriously come in handy. Sometimes I wish I got the extended cab so I could have a place to keep tow straps and stuff. That might work. There are a lot of sharp parts under the rear bench though. Hands get a little poked when you're fumbling around for stuff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'll be happy to post some pictures if someone will tell me how.
I've never done it before.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
1. get digital camera/ camera phone w/ email/usb

2. take photos

3. get account at http://www.photobucket.com

4. upload photos

5. post link to them

1 - 20 of 23 Posts