Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my dads '06 Coly Crew cab, we notice a creaking noise coming from either the suspension or body. It is when the Truck takes off from a stop or upon braking. And mostly at parking lot speeds. We also never heard it in the summer months, only this winter especialy in the morning at colder temps. I thought I heard awhile back that there was a TSB for this refering to the body mounts but I'm not sure. I just want to give him some good info for the dealer in case they can't "re-create".

·
Registered
558 Posts
my truck does it when its cold, and i only have 11k miles on mine.

it mainly happens when i hit the gas and turn at the same time while at slow speeds.

this truck is still quieter inside than my 99 tacoma was, so it doesnt bother me.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
mine does it to I ask the stealer to look at it but they said they didnt hear a thing. But mine has been doing it ever since I had it only does it at low speed like you said in parking lots. I thought it may have been my rear leaf springs. But I looked at those and nothing. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mine did the same thing. I sprayed the cab mounts with a good shot of silicone. Seems to work on mine. I've done it twice and worked boh times.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Str8shooter48 said:
Mine did the same thing. I sprayed the cab mounts with a good shot of silicone. Seems to work on mine. I've done it twice and worked boh times.
Ill have to try that on a nicer warmer day thanks.

·
Registered
306 Posts
red12 said:
Str8shooter48 said:
Ill have to try that on a nicer warmer day thanks.
Don't be afraid to soak them down good, the silicone has to work its way into the nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
294 Posts
bunch of posts on this. it's the cab bushings. but check the e-brake cable too (under driver side) to make sure it's not rubbing and contributing to the noise.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Hmm, ive been getting a bad creaking sound also.
I thought it was comming from the leaf bushings. I guess its time to check out the cab mounts next

·
Registered
306 Posts
Stepdaddy said:
Hmm, ive been getting a bad creaking sound also.
I thought it was comming from the leaf bushings. I guess its time to check out the cab mounts next
Thats the first place I went. Sprayed the lesf and the shock bushings. That wasn't it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might also want to check the cross member to see if it rubbing the frame. Just got mine back from dealer and they say that was the problem. I noticed a lot of squeaking under truck when coming up to a drive thru window. The echo off the building makes it more noticable

·
Registered
388 Posts
slow speed/turn left and right/from start = creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak
spray cab bushings

my 06 did it, dealer couldn't replicate, made me nuts
some spray - solved

·
Registered
833 Posts
Duke Of Taint said:
bunch of posts on this. it's the cab bushings. but check the e-brake cable too (under driver side) to make sure it's not rubbing and contributing to the noise.
x2

·
Registered
29 Posts
My creaking experience may be resolved

FYI, I took my 07 CC coly in 5 times for the creaking sound coming from the right rear cab area. I think they may have finally fixed the problem. Twice they said they coulndn't duplicate the problem. In their attempts, first they lubricated the cab cushions... didn't help, then they changed all cab cushions per aTSB they had, but that didn't fix the problem either. Finally, after driving me crazy, I took it in last Friday and they torn the entire rear of the truck cab apart. They removed the seats, molding and everything they could think of and finally found that there was a plate that mounted to the cab in the rear that had 3 of the 6 or 7 clips broken (so much for QC). This was allowing the plate to rub and creak when the cab flexed during acceleration and esp. in cold weather.

I also noticed that the noise wasn't as prevelant during the warmer months and would get quieter as the cab warmed up.

Bottom line is that at least for a day and a half, so far so good, I'm creak free!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Mine isnt just in the right rear of the cab it sound all over wish it would get warmer man cant see to find myself getting in the cold weather.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Mine did the same i put my truck on a lift and sprayed all the body bushing down with white lithium grease. Problem solved :)

2005 crew cab

·
Registered
64 Posts
Weston said:
slow speed/turn left and right/from start = creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeak
spray cab bushings

my 06 did it, dealer couldn't replicate, made me nuts
some spray - solved

thats exact problem on my 05 what did you spray it with? and i dont know what cab bushings are :?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Under your cab you will see big bolts/bushings (holds your cab to the frame, can see them simply by kneeling down and looking under your cab doors.) Spray those bad boys with a ton of lube - I used WD40 initially cause thats all i had but it may not be the best as someone said WD may be corrosive to rubber farther down the line - silicone spray or lithium may be better. Really soak the bushings. If you have the same creak as the rest of us you should notice the difference IMMEDIATELY.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
still to cold to do it been wanting to spray them down but just to damn cold

1 - 20 of 26 Posts