Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
My answer, I will be up there in a few minutes to pick my truck up....when it quits completely, I will just go Aftermarket for a radio system and am willing to give up the rest of the information system crap!!!!
Man, they should do it under warranty! It's so freaking close! Dammit! They show those modules for sell online for just over $100, didn't dig that far but I wonder if you can get one and have it programmed to your truck for you. Do it yourself kind of thing. I got mine from a place so I could add NAVI. It wans't that cheap but it worked....They needed my VIN to program then I installed and sent the old one to them.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a different part than discussed earlier. The HMI module I did was buried under the dash. That touch screen thing is right there in front of you, super easy to change....

@white cat

Man, they should do it under warranty! It's so freaking close! Dammit! They show those modules for sell online for just over $100, didn't dig that far but I wonder if you can get one and have it programmed to your truck for you. Do it yourself kind of thing. I got mine from a place so I could add NAVI. It wans't that cheap but it worked....They needed my VIN to program then I installed and sent the old one to them.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is a different part than discussed earlier. The HMI module I did was buried under the dash. That touch screen thing is right there in front of you, super easy to change....

@white cat
Thanks for the info., mine only fritz out every once in awhile, I will let that sucker quit entirely, then I will proceed....

I don't think this product will fix the majority or our problems. Example, my screen works great, touch, everything. Mine will just go to a different channel and it still shows it on my favorite. I touch the favorite channel again and it "re-tunes" back.
I recently replaced my touchscreen with one from this company. It works just as good as OEM, the only thing I noticed it appears to be more vivid then the OEM. Maybe just no tinting? Can't say. It and the double sided tape that came with the replacement screen with the summer discount cost roughly $247 to my door. If you order one, get the tape. It's like $5 bucks but will make your life easier. Can be done without it but for the convenience it's worth it. By the way, I wasn't having any issues with the radio per se, just AA, which in turned caused me to, well lets just leave it at that :) And, the replacement wasn't really that bad. If you take your time it's a breeze.

Chris

Maybe try a different dealer. They will probably charge $300 for the part, 1 hr to install and 1 hr to program. Usually it's about $120 and hour. So that's right at $540. So yes, $1000 is too much.
That or trade it for a new Ranger. :)
If I can dig up my receipt I'll post it. Surprisingly the cost of the HIM wasn't that bad, it was the " cough cough troubleshooting " and reprogramming.

Chris

I just dropped my 2017 Colorado ZR2 at the dealership because of the same things you all are talking about.......Randomly mine will chirp, then go from home screen to radio station screen...chirp then that screen jumps to the center where miles per hour is showing, then chirps and chirps as if you are changing stations.......does this all by itself. I will turn the truck off, let it sit, then restart, everything is fine. While it is doing this, I will push the controls on my steering wheel to return to the information screen( mph), it will chirp, and return to radio stations screen, all by itself.
Hi, Did you ever get the fix for this issue. My 2016 is doing the same thing.

I'm surprised there isn't a sub-industry to rehab these parts, sort of like there is for heater controls. And I only skimmed the thread but I didn't notice the words junk yard.

Can independent mechanics order the parts?

Infotainment.com is the company that sells all the components, pre-programmed and ready to install yourself. If you want to upgrade to Navigation, they have that too. They are very helpful with Tech Support.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.