Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say, after reading about the guys who switched from 87 or 89 ocatane to 92 and felt a bit more boost that I wanted to try it for myself. I had my tune loaded on the first week of December ran it for couple days then switched from 87 to 92 octane from Costco since there gas is the cheapest on the island. Honestly did not notice any difference. First fill up with Texaco this morning, and noticed that there was more power during the acceleration without pressing the pedal as I normally did. Guys who live here in Oahu, you know that it takes a bit more mashing on the pedal when going up H3 or Likelike Highway. Fueling with Texaco really made it more fun driving up on these roads especially with mine being a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Both Texaco and Costco are TopTier Gasoline brands, so they both have at least the minimum requirements for "good" gas. It's quite possible that Texaco adds beyond the TopTier minimums, the problem is, you don't really know what those are.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.