Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
Just had a set of these installed, and WOW are they nice! MUCH quieter than the stock tires, and a nicer ride. I’m interested to see what my mileage is with them.
Cool
If you have a 4x4 rotate them often or they won't be quiet anymore. :(

·
Registered
2022 Canyon Ext 4by
7 Posts
I replaced BFG all terrains with these and was happy. They’re made in the us, cost less, and last longer. Cons were freeway hum and a little less traction. I plan on buying them when I need tires.

I was just reading that Goodyear acquired Cooper last year. Hope they remain made in the US!

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I replaced BFG all terrains with these and was happy. They’re made in the us, cost less, and last longer. Cons were freeway hum and a little less traction. I plan on buying them when I need tires.

I was just reading that Goodyear acquired Cooper last year. Hope they remain made in the US!
Word is Cooper will remain here and with the infusion of Goodyears tech center here they will improve th3 quality. They had some issues in the last few years I think due to money issues.

They are the only two major tire mfgs based in America.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for the information. These tires are on my short list for replacements in about 5k mi or so, so I'm glad to read about any relevant personal experiences.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I love my cooper at3 4s. I live on a ridge accessed by a gnarly dirt road and they have never let me down. I drive at least a few miles off road every time I go anywhere to get to the pavement. Only time I wished I had something beefier was in fresh snow covering mud but anything other than mud tires probably would have had an issue then. Also experienced a bit of damage due to sharp rocks in Joshua tree, no problem on the rocky forest roads locally. Still running stock size, on the fence about trying the LT when I upsize tires or giving the bfg ko2 a shot.

·
Registered
2022 Canyon Ext 4by
7 Posts
My old truck is a 95 ZR2 so it came from the factory with the 31x10.5x15 bouncy BFGs (I love my new 18s) and I put a few sets on before I switched. I have an adventure motorcycle and we talk about the road/off-road ratio, a tire is made for 70% road use and 30% off-road use. If I rated 4x4 truck tires like this, I'd rate the BFG All-terrain radial TA (KO) as a 50/50 tire and the AT3 as a 70/30. But overall I'd rate them equally, I'd not give a thought to going with the BFGs over the Coopers if you are any type of wheeler or as CVcolordo said, hit snow/mud routinely. Coopers are better at urban areas and freeways and Moab type stuff.

It seemed like the BFGs got ground down and gave me "the shakes" and obvious uneven wear faster than the Coopers. My oldie has always eaten tires, but the AT3s last longer, I don't have to rotate them as often. What's confusing is it seems like the rubber compound of the AT3 is softer than the BFGs, you'd think they'd wear faster, but they don't.

·
Registered
2018 Chevrolet Colorado V6 Crew Cab Long Bed
1,057 Posts

Agreed about being made in the US by an AMERICAN 🇺🇸 company. They are far and few in between for sure, so if we can support the red white and blue, it’s always a good thing.
Firestone use to be an American company, but sadly was bought out by the Japanese.

·
Registered
2016 Crew Cab 4WD Long Bed V6
32 Posts
I put a set of the Coopers onto my 2016 V6 longbed crew cab last fall. The OEM tires were not worn out yet but were worn enough to not want to do another New Hampshire winter with them. I bought the Coopers for all the reasons already mentioned - US made, decent price. look good, and they have a winter snowflake tire rating even though they are a true all terrain tire that can be driven all year around, unlike a dedicated winter tire.

I have ten thousand miles on them now in all conditions - hot cold snow ice wet paved dirt and a little bit of light duty off road use (not even a dirt road - off road but nothing extreme). They do very well in all those conditions - they are an excellent all around tire. They are quieter than the OEM tires and MUCH better in snow and off pavement than the OEM tires.

I suspect the remarks about it not doing too well in mud are correct but I have not been in that situation to be able to report on it, thankfully.

Short version - superb all around tire that looks kinda agressive but is quiet and civilized. They appear to have cost me about one MPG less fuel milage than I was getting with the OEM tires. I find that a decent compromise for a better all around tire.

·
Registered
2019 Colorado CCLB Z71 V6 4WD
1,012 Posts
I had these on the trailblazer and were on my short list to go on my truck when I went with the Michelins. But the only complaint I really had with them was they flat spotted quick. Otherwise no complaints.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts