Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to this posting stuff, so correct me if I screw something up. I bought a 2019 crew cab but there was a couple of things I wanted from the lt. I just wanted to let anyone else thinking the same thing, what I've found out.
Here's what I've accomplished so far.
1. Tilt and telescoping wheel. I bought a column from eBay of a 2015 it was the same except for the clockspring and number of metal pins on the airbag. The 2015 version had a bad bearing so I couldn't use it but it turns out the 2019 column can be converted to telescoping just by replacing a couple of hardware pieces. Seems like all columns are built for telescoping there just locked in place by some metal pieces.
2) the dome lights are plug and play. I switched out the front and rear dome lights ( the rear are very dificult to remove and reinstall)
3) 2018-2019 power mirror are possible by just replacing the mirrors , switch , bezel and wire harness in the doors. I actually purchased heated mirrors which I think I need a different a/c control to activate the heat. I think earlier years have different plugs . Verify part numbers before you order.

That's what I've done so far. Those are the things I wanted from an lt. Message me with any questions.

·
Premium Member
2017 Chevy Colorado Z71 Extended Cab 4WD Summit White
918 Posts
As far as the heated mirrors. They should activate via the rear window defroster control. It is part of factory wiring system. If you had a factory equipped heated mirror vehicle, it would be control via the rear window defroster button.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts