Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pardon my ignorance, but being new to these trucks, I don't want to futz something up already. I'm looking at doing a PCM4Less swap as my first upgrade, along with an intake. In considering this, I came up with some concerns...

1. I already know about the security relearn. Is this on EVERY Colorado, or only if I have one of the higher end packages (ie: LT, Xtreme)? If so, where can I found out that info?

2. Does disconnecting the battery hose the OnStar system or any of the on-board diagnostics/sensors?

3. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanx for your help.

·
Vendor
356 Posts
GhostColly said:
Pardon my ignorance, but being new to these trucks, I don't want to futz something up already. I'm looking at doing a PCM4Less swap as my first upgrade, along with an intake. In considering this, I came up with some concerns...

1. I already know about the security relearn. Is this on EVERY Colorado, or only if I have one of the higher end packages (ie: LT, Xtreme)? If so, where can I found out that info?

2. Does disconnecting the battery hose the OnStar system or any of the on-board diagnostics/sensors?

3. Is there anything else I should know?

Thanx for your help.
The security relearn doesn't have to do with trim level, 99% of the time you have to do it unless the PCM is brand new, or your vehicle's security just happens to match what's in the PCM (super rare).

Disconnecting the battery doesn't hose anything, just resets (such as your clock).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts