Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Well, I haven’t received the truck yet. I’m being told that it is sitting in some lot waiting to be transported to the dealer. No indication from the dealer as to when the truck will arrive. I’m beginning to wonder if I should use this as a sign and pass on the purchase?
Just like everything else , Covid has slowed delivery.
Be patient, it is too expensive of a purchase to rush it. If you want to hurry, you can find one on the lot.
They are showing up in dealers here, all diesel, 2 shot and 2 long box crew cabs.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Yeah, I figured the COVID thing was playing into the delay process. Just another lesson in patients.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Yeah, I figured the COVID thing was playing into the delay process. Just another lesson in patients.
It's apparently primarily due to integrated circuits in short supply in the auto industry.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Well folk’s, the truck I ordered finally arrived yesterday. I ended up not purchasing it as we could not agree upon a price. It seems rolling into the new year put my 2018 trade-in at three years old instead of two. Which seemed to deduct an additional 3k off my truck. I guess things like this happen for a reason.

FYI, it took 3 months and 3 weeks from the day of ordering to delivery at the dealer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Man, thats disappointing to hear. I hope you are able to find something that checks all your boxes soon. And that's some shady s#!% the way they dropped so much from your trade. Perhaps it really is for the best.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
Well folk’s, the truck I ordered finally arrived yesterday. I ended up not purchasing it as we could not agree upon a price. It seems rolling into the new year put my 2018 trade-in at three years old instead of two. Which seemed to deduct an additional 3k off my truck. I guess things like this happen for a reason.

FYI, it took 3 months and 3 weeks from the day of ordering to delivery at the dealer.
I guess I can see both sides of that. When I ordered my Ranger from the factory way back in 1989 the price of everything was set, including the trade. Actually it was better than set because I became eligible for a new $500 rebate based on the delivery date. Oh, and I just remembered they didn't even bother to deposit my check for the deposit until the truck came in. But it only took about 3 or 4 weeks for the truck to come in.

With delivery now taking three months I could see why dealers might not take that trade-in value risk. But the explanation of a $3,000 reduction makes me question whether it was a scam from the get go. They don't just drop $3,000 due to new model year (3 years vs. 2).

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Strange, whenever I have traded in a truck on a new ordered truck, I make the deal at time of order, keep driving my truck until the new one arrives. My 2011 Denali Duramax took 5 months to show up, I racked up 20k more miles on the truck that I was trading in on the deal, and the negotiated price was what I paid.
Glad you walked away from it. There are lots of them coming in, buy one somewhere else, then go show it to the slimy dealer you walked from.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I almost suspect they have someone else in line to purchase it. I may be wrong but who knows? My reason for thinking this way is they didn’t want to negotiate and just through out the new price and the reason for it. Like it or leave it type of thing. Oh well!

·
Registered
2017 GMC Canyon, 2.8L Diesel, crew cab short bed. No tunes, only mod is Firestone It bags in rear
32 Posts
Can't go by the negative/problem posts. Look at it the way I looked at it when I got my 17 Canyon Diesel. Had a 3/4ton crew cab, 6.5ft box Sierra, 6 liter V8 gas with the 6 speed auto trans. If I babies it, I would get 14mpg. That truck was over 20' long and heavy, empty weight was a little over 7,000lbs. The 2.8 Diesel has half the cylinders, half the horsepower, but SAME amount of torque. Best of all is torque kicks in at 1500 rpm, not 4500 rpm like in my old 6.0 V8. Fuel economy on the minimax is incredible. Over 56k and averaging 26.0 miles overall with a mix of city/highway mileage. Highway fuel mileage easily breaks 30mpg. Keep in mind, the Canyon is over 2,000 lbs lighter then my old truck. Never had any issues with my Canyon and I run around 6,000lbs on a regular basis with all my equipment in it. The only gripe I have the Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude tires are dry rotting and losing air. Could probably get another 10k out of them based on tread remaining, but may not wait that long to replace them. They are great "little" trucks. The only 2 mods I did was adding and ARE cap and Firestone Airbags to the rear axle to maintain ride height with all my gear in it.

·
Registered
Z71
168 Posts
Sorry to hear you didn’t get the truck but I’m guessing you feel better considering the doubts you had. Hope you have fun continuing the hunt (which is a lot of the fun in buying a new vehicle)

61 - 70 of 70 Posts