Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found either a GM or aftermarket combined fob that works with the Colorado?

The pictured one is from a Camero: https://m.carandtruckremotes.com/2016-chevrolet-camaro-remote-flip-key.html

I don't mind having turn key ignition, but the key chain jingling is driving me nuts after coming from a single VW combined fob plus single house key.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I've googled the living crap outta this and can't find anything. I think the colorado was supposed to have a flip key like the 2017 and older equinoxes and terrains but, because GM quit making those generation of suv's and the new gen vehicles are all push button start we got stuck with the same Key as the fullsize trucks.... My main gripe with the whole thing is that the fob hangs down and hits my knee from time to time... Having owned vehicles with just the combo key and owning a Malibu with the push to start, I think that the old fashioned setup that these mid-size GM trucks have kinda sucks, especially on the higher end trucks with sticker prices pushing 40k.

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
Several here have tried in the past, but none of the frequencies match.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i dont understand why they are not all push button start now ,make more sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.