Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the model year 2008 looking to be the best-ever for the GMT 355's, I would like to propose the development of a team to help coordinate The 2nd Annual ColoradoCanyonFans Appreciation Tour. As we witnessed first-hand, the hard work and dedication of the GM Shreveport employees, I think it is only fitting that they receive the same commitment from all of us regarding another day of appreciation, and another year of focused promotion of their trucks.

We are currently working with XT_4U2NV and his members to handle all of Canada with this venture. We are looking for our current regional coordinators J-Bo, Vicjac1010 and myself to volunteer their services as before. We need dedicated members in the Northwest, Southwest and Northeast regions of the U.S. to help us along!

In the meantime, we need a strong show of enthusiasm to promote these trucks, our forum, and our nationwide chapters. Our goal is to see the Colorado and Canyon platform regarded as the finest examples of American mid-size trucks ever produced! Additionally, we want to see them selling at record levels, we want to see them displayed on billboards along America's highways, we want to see them at truck shows and racing events, boat ramps and country clubs!

How can this be done? It can be accomplished by actively and positively participating in our forum and strengthening our current chapters, by attaining sponsorships to support our local clubs, and it can be accomplished by the formation of new chapters across our nation and into Canada.

In addition, our very own member "Shreveport", has provided us with a link to voice our opinions concerning the lack of exposure through commercials, that seem to hurt the Colorado and Canyon popularity! Get in there and have your say (politely). Here is the link -

http://fastlane.gmblogs.com/

Bob Lutz monitors this Blog.

Sign up if you would like to help coordinate a possible future tour to the Shreveport Facility, or if you have any great ideas that you believe will boost the sales of these trucks...sign up anyway!

Our official Shreveport Employee motto for 2008 is:

Keep Your Dreams Aloft and Your Goals In Sight!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
As always! 8) I am trying to drum some Georgia guys up. Maybe if we can get some meets under our belts I can spark some interest in the Second Annual Appreciation Tour. :)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Sab, you think we could make it a two day event this time. If we have plenty of planning time, we should do a BBQ and all get to know each other a little better. This years went by so fast I still can't remember whos faces goes with what online handle. Man did it just fly by!

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O.K. guys....sounds inspirational so far! J-Bo, I agree with you, it just flew by, and I did not have the quality time to spend with each of you or the GM staff as much as I would have liked. We did get a chance at lunchtime to talk with Mr. Galles on a few things, and our tech session, led by Rick Masters; could have gone into the wee hours of the day.......but: Everyone did the very best they could in the time alotted!

I will definitely spend a few days in Shreveport next time. I'll probably rent a room somewhere near the plant, and try to meet some of the staff during lunch hours and after hours, so that we can fine-tune anything that needs attention. Believe me, the next tour will have more participants!

So - we've got J-Bo, Vicjac1010, XHRcustoms and LongBow986 willing to contribute to the coordinating efforts...great!
That means Jason will be handling the Southeast region of the U.S. once again, Victor will have the State of Louisiana to coordinate and myself, Andrew and Darren will take on the Central U.S.

I am hoping that Rsquires67 can get a grip on the Northeast region, as they have quite a chapter going on in New England. I would also like Supermodulation to assist us too! I'll try to get an answer from them soon!

Meanwhile, down here in Texas....with Andrew's performance shop doing all kinds of custom work for the Houston Chapter members, I think it would be nice for us to provide him with some ColoradoCanyonFan cards to pass out, and we could make some additional flyers to post throughout the Houston area as well.

In the meantime Blakelpd5.....why don't you show-off some of those pictures in our Truck of The Week Contest! :wink:

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Team...we should be right here when it's time to start....which won't be too much longer! :lol:

·
Registered
673 Posts
i am down too. let me see about working this south texas chapter and getting them all in as well.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's what it's going to take, commitment and extra hours of your personal time. Speaking from experience, it can take it's toll on you now and then....but the end-results are what you experienced on June 20th! :wink:

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright! Here's everyone who has just offered their services as Regional Coordinator!

SouthEast Region Coordinator:

J-Bo

Louisiana Coordinator:

VicJac1010

Central Region Coordinators:

XHRcustoms
Greendraggin
Sab
JCThrills

Northeast Region Coordinator:

Rsquires67
GMKID03

Canadian Region Coordinator:

XT_4U2NV

NorthWest Region Coordinator:

SouthWest Region Coordinator:

LongBow986

And here's our reference map:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Another thing that would be awesome, is if whomever organizes the people from the NE region in the states, contacts me, on the Canadian boys' way down, we can meet up and convoy.

And show up as one HUGE group.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like a great idea! And we have just acquired the services of Rsquires67 as the NorthEast Region Coordinator! This will be quite a large boost for the next tour! Those N.E. guys are serious! 8)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.