Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
damn that's expensive... a GM dealer near me was selling the zr2 takeoffs for only 400usd

Reactions: Clutch

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
damn that's expensive... a GM dealer near me was selling the zr2 takeoffs for only 400usd

Wow, that "is" Expensive, At first, I thought it was a misprint, but far be it from me to tell somebody how much they should ask for the items they are selling.
Raptor, was that $400.00 for 4 wheels? Were Caps, Lugs, TPMS included?

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
I was at the dealer the other day trying to get center caps for my rims, and I was talking about some zr2 stuff with the parts guy. He told me to look behind me... and there they were. Had a paper taped to one of them.. for sale 400 bucks. No tires, or tpms. Just the rims. I was stunned at the price... went back there yesterday someone bought them... not surprised about that though :)

they are his rims he can do whatever the hell he wants to do with them. sorry if i seemed mean with my comments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I was at the dealer the other day trying to get center caps for my rims, and I was talking about some zr2 stuff with the parts guy. He told me to look behind me... and there they were. Had a paper taped to one of them.. for sale 400 bucks. No tires, or tpms. Just the rims. I was stunned at the price... went back there yesterday someone bought them... not surprised about that though :)

they are his rims he can do whatever the hell he wants to do with them. sorry if i seemed mean with my comments

If you think you were mean with the comment then I guess we're both mean and for that I guess I'm sorry as well, because I thought exactly the same thing you did. I've noticed more and more of these rims are becoming available and the going price is around $400-$500 less the Tires and TPMS and of course shipping is added to that as well. Thanks for getting back to me and to the OP apologies for the thread jack...

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Yeah sorry, I didnt mean for any attitude, or ill will here. or thread jacking...so, Im sorry.

Anyway after I made myself out as an ass here,

GLWS OP guy, hope you can get what you want for them

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the insight.. I guess my "perspective" on fair market pricing is off. For clarification were dealers selling all four rims with TPMS for $400 USD Each, or total? From what I have seen at our Canadian dealers my understanding was OEM Rims were anywhere from $450 -$550 each. I was hoping to to get $400 CAD each ( including TPMS) and then added a buffer for shipping.

Either way, beste to restate.. I have a complete set of ZR2 wheels with tpms ( new in box) looking for a new home. Open to offers.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Thanks for the insight.. I guess my "perspective" on fair market pricing is off. For clarification were dealers selling all four rims with TPMS for $400 USD Each, or total? From what I have seen at our Canadian dealers my understanding was OEM Rims were anywhere from $450 -$550 each. I was hoping to to get $400 CAD each ( including TPMS) and then added a buffer for shipping.

Either way, beste to restate.. I have a complete set of ZR2 wheels with tpms ( new in box) looking for a new home. Open to offers.

If you can find a local guy I think you can get a good buck for them, however if you have to ship, then the buyer will have to add another $150.00 to $200.00 depending how far the wheels are going. The problem is if a guy is going to buy a set of wheels for his rig he's not usually inclined to pay huge money for OEM take off wheels. ZR2 wheels even though they are nice wheels are becoming more and more prevalent as there are more and more people buying ZR2's and changing out the wheels. I see guys asking big money for their OEM wheels all the time and they never seem to sell. That being said, the Canadian market for take off wheels is a lot smaller than the U.S. so you should be able to sell them for more in Canada than you would in the U.S.
The $400.00 U.S. selling price mentioned was for all 4 wheels.

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
If you can find a local guy I think you can get a good buck for them, however if you have to ship, then the buyer will have to add another $150.00 to $200.00 depending how far the wheels are going. The problem is if a guy is going to buy a set of wheels for his rig he's not usually inclined to pay huge money for OEM take off wheels. ZR2 wheels even though they are nice wheels are becoming more and more prevalent as there are more and more people buying ZR2's and changing out the wheels. I see guys asking big money for their OEM wheels all the time and they never seem to sell. That being said, the Canadian market for take off wheels is a lot smaller than the U.S. so you should be able to sell them for more in Canada than you would in the U.S.
The $400.00 U.S. selling price mentioned was for all 4 wheels.

As he stated, and what I saw at the dealer, it was 400usd for just the rims..no tpms, or tires. Just the aluminum rims. You probably could get 650-800 for them if you had the Tpms with the rims. With the tires, if in excellent condition upwards of 1200usd

·
Registered
556 Posts
Not ZR2 but I got two complete sets of Z71 takeoffs here for $200.00 per set. Everything but the lug nuts.

Reactions: mouseman198
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.