Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in the Dallas-Ft Worth Metroplex. Accordingly, I see lots of pickup trucks because Texas is truck country. I own a 2017 Colorado Redline I purchased because I thought the package was pretty cool. As a consequence of keeping my eyes open for trucks like mine, I'm beginning to think there aren't many because I've never seen one other than my own. Just curious about others thoughts on the rarity of this truck. As the attached photos will show, I've added a leather interior, exhaust mods, engine decoration and a tonneau. Otherwise the truck is stock

Attachments

·
Registered
634 Posts
Other than the red name badge on the door, what constitutes the Redline package?

Reactions: Road Glide

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Other than the red name badge on the door, what constitutes the Redline package?
Redline Special Edition:

LT Package
3.6 Litre Double Overhead Cam V6 with 308 HP and 275 foot lbs torque
8 Speed Automatic Transmission with manual shift feature and Tow Haul Mode
4 Wheel Anti-Lock Disc Brakes
STABILTRAK stability system with traction control
3.42 Rear End
Black Bowtie
Black Grille
Spray In Bed Liner
18” Gloss Black Alloy Wheels with Redline accent striping
Black Assist Steps
Black Out Package
Red Tow Hooks
Redline Exterior Trim
Supercharger (Just Kidding):grin2:

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Redline Special Edition:

LT Package
3.6 Litre Double Overhead Cam V6 with 308 HP and 275 foot lbs torque
8 Speed Automatic Transmission with manual shift feature and Tow Haul Mode
4 Wheel Anti-Lock Disc Brakes
STABILTRAK stability system with traction control
3.42 Rear End
Black Bowtie
Black Grille
Spray In Bed Liner
Black Assist Steps
Black Out Package
Red Tow Hooks
Redline Exterior Trim
Supercharger (Just Kidding):grin2:
I think these are the only items not standard on a 2017 LT to begin with, and several of them are available as accessories or options. Really just a package of regular items.

Black Bowtie
Black Grille
Spray In Bed Liner
Black Assist Steps
Black Out Package
Red Tow Hooks
Redline Exterior Trim

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
Red Lines are new and are being allocated out to all the dealers. In the next few months the other allocations will catch up and they will be found sitting on the lots like the midnight editions.

Hell we have ZR2 models sitting on lots now too.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If the Redline “Hotwheels” package was common it would just be another truck....

Isn’t that the point of being bent over by the dealer ($$$) for the few minor visual details that are different from a standard Canyon?

·
Registered
5,016 Posts
That interior looks like it is "all leather" not the "leatherette/cloth" combination, very nice looking truck!
Cloth and leatherette combo is for the Z71 models. LT's get all cloth or all leather, depending on options ordered.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have not seen one but Newer Colorado's are pretty scarce to begin with here.
They can not keep them on the lots.

Love the Redline..
I was going to do some red on my Black truck. Red looks good on a black truck as long as it is only a little bit and not over done.
I saw the red tow hooks on a gm site forsale (ouch). I might just remove mine and paint them or have powder coated or dipped.

i like the little bit of red on the rims. I was trying to think how i could add just a bit of red to my rims.

·
Registered
5,614 Posts
If the Redline “Hotwheels” package was common it would just be another truck....

Isn’t that the point of being bent over by the dealer ($$$) for the few minor visual details that are different from a standard Canyon?
No one is bending anyone over here.

These packages sell and add profit the key element of a business.

If one does not want the extras they can still buy the normal package.

Like Corvettes people buy image and few ever test it out. If they do many end up in the trees on YouTube.

Packages like this and Denali make money.

If they sell more power to em.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
It's just a looky-loo package.
They didn't touch the drive train, like Redlines of the past.

Sounds like the SS 'package' on the S10s. Shame they don't have a ZQ8 suspension setup for the twins yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Redline Saturn Sky has a turbocharger and produces 260 HP out of a 2.0L 4 cyl. in a 2990 Lb car. This thing will absolutley fly.

The Redline tag was origionally used for cars/trucks that had drivetrain modifications that were the top of the line. Either larger engines. turbocharged, or supercharged. The vehicle actually had RPM limiters built into them hence the redline connotation. They had controls that could override the limiters.

Now it appears GM marketers think that some cosmetic mods are enough. I hate marketing idiots.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
No one is bending anyone over here.

These packages sell and add profit the key element of a business.

If one does not want the extras they can still buy the normal package.

Like Corvettes people buy image and few ever test it out. If they do many end up in the trees on YouTube.

Packages like this and Denali make money.

If they sell more power to em.
Aaannndddd...the OP started this thread with “Redline models are scarce”
Aaannndddd...commented in his post...”I’m beginning to think there aren’t many”

To which I was responding. I am not sure how you got that I don’t want GM to make money???
To the contrary, I believe that they should make every penny that the market will allow...

By the way. I agree, if you want an appearance only upgrade package and are willing to pay through the nose for it, more power to you...and to GM for making extra $$$ on it. It keeps the standard vehicles prices down for us who would rather upgrade performance not just look cool...

Reactions: hyperv6
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.