Chevy Colorado & GMC Canyon banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone tried to order a light switch for a colorado recently? I used the pn 84168423 and ordered online from a gm dealer. They canceled my order and said the switch pn had changed and the price is now $398.71 CAN.
Price I order for was $183.26 CAN. That's a crazy jump of $215.
Any one else's know about this pn and price change? What a bs price jump.
Speedometer Odometer Trip computer Gauge Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2017 Colorado ZR2 as it came from the factory
489 Posts
Looks a lot like this one. It was cheap here in the states. Might see what happens with that number.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Reactions: rotaryenginepete

·
Registered
489 Posts
That would be the same one. When did you buy that one?
I installed it on July 6th of this year. The order was placed a couple weeks prior.

·
Registered
489 Posts
It does have a different icon for the second function. It's intended as a rear lighting switch vs the ORL on our trucks. That said, I could live with the icon difference for the price difference. And I have . All the others were over $100 so this one hit the spot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It does have a different icon for the second function. It's intended as a rear lighting switch vs the ORL on our trucks. That said, I could live with the icon difference for the price difference. And I have . All the others were over $100 so this one hit the spot.

Ah ic a little bit why it's cheaper lol. Still the one I wanted still shouldn't be $398. They are all the same besides the logo icon.
Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
2021 Z71 Colorado Midnight Crew 3.6, 1.25" Trail FX level kit
71 Posts
Ah ic a little bit why it's cheaper lol. Still the one I wanted still shouldn't be $398. They are all the same besides the logo icon.
Where did you get yours from?

TruckZR2
I know the pain of price differences in Canada, if you can still cancel / return that part later. Maybe some generous US member would order it in the US, then send it to you privately ? All you need do is trust him and send him the money electronically to make the purchase first. just a thought to put out there for such a small item, easy to send by US mail.

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
This is the one I see as the replacement unfortunately no image. No idea why it is so expensive though.......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TruckZR2
I know the pain of price differences in Canada, if you can still cancel / return that part later. Maybe some generous US member would order it in the US, then send it to you privately ? All you need do is trust him and send him the money electronically to make the purchase first. just a thought to put out there for such a small item, easy to send by US mail.
I made them cancle my order, according to the link provided with the updated pn It's $200 more in Canada now that's bs. Ya maybe I can find someone to buy one cheaper and ship it to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is the one I see as the replacement unfortunately no image. No idea why it is so expensive though.......

Thanks for the part link with the updated part number.. now just to find it cheaper LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts